• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

No night lights on downloaded lots

Started by BarbarossaS, December 27, 2008, 07:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbarossaS

Hi guys,

I've got the deluxe version of Sim City 4 and I've installed the 2 updates, but still my city is dark.
Downloaded lots don't light up! Does anybody know how to solve this?

Thanks

Stijn

BarbyW

Click on the Support button at the top of the page and then accept the agreement on th page that shows. You then need to go to the BAT section and download the update so you can see the nightlighting.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

BarbarossaS

I know this, and have already done that. But the problem remains the same: no night lighting  :'(

RippleJet

To verify that you have installed the patches correctly:

• Browse down to the folder Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps
  • Right-click on the file SimCity 4.exe
  • Select Properties (last item)
  • Select the tab Version

What version does it say you've got?
If your version is shown as 1.1.640.0, then you have correctly installed all patches, otherwise no.

Fabian93

Well...
I have the same problem though. When I searched the forums last week I saw, that the CD/DVD needs to be runned while playing the game. If you use a patch they won't work.
Well, I've used a patch (or however you call that) before, so that I don't need to lay in my CD (I've got the 2 Disc-pack, I think the game is available on just 1 DVD, too..), but the Nightlights didn't work (and don't think I've downloaded this game, I've already bought this game years ago, but lost the interest after some time)
Maybe that's also your problem?
I'll search the old topic.

Fabian

BarbarossaS

It still says it's version 1.1.160.0  :(
Guess I'll just run the updates again and see what happens.

Thnx for the advice though!

Stijn

SC4BOY

Just as a note.. you CANNOT patch ANY CHANGED file.. this means .. single processor mods, cracks, no-cd .iso's, etc etc.. It will ONLY patch the ORIGINAL file as found on the install CD. You don't have to re-install to get this, just copy the exe file off the cd and overwrite the file on your harddrive (back it up if you have concerns).

good luck