• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Precision in LE

Started by SimFox, April 13, 2009, 01:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimFox

I wonder if there is a way to precisely position building or prop in LE? I mean numerical precision not an "eye" one...
I know that digger/raiser lots are made by altering height number in Reader, but what about X&Y can those be input in Reader? What are the numbers to edit and how? I man the numbers are in HEX, but what is point of origin? Center of the LOT or one of the corners?

RippleJet

Quote from: SimFox on April 13, 2009, 01:55:38 AM
I wonder if there is a way to precisely position building or prop in LE? I mean numerical precision not an "eye" one...

No, not in LE.

Except that for props, you can start by placing them in the NW corner (origin).
Then move them in 1 m increments by Ctrl-clicking the keyboard arrows.

What are the numbers to edit and how?

The coordinates for the "bounding box" (the footprint) as seen in LE are set in the property LotConfigPropertyLotObject.

I must urge you to be careful when changing those though. You would be able to change the position of the building in Reader, so that the building actually overhangs the lot edge. If you do this you will create a lot with the immortal lot syndrome.

If you change the centre coordinate, you must also change the bounding coordinates. X2-X1 and Y2-Y1 should always match (or at least never be smaller than) the values given in the Occupant Size property in the building exemplar.

I man the numbers are in HEX, but what is point of origin? Center of the LOT or one of the corners?

NW corner of the lot.

SimFox

thank you, that was most helpful, as always!