• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TE vs NE - A question about NE?

Started by tamorr, May 07, 2009, 06:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamorr

From what I have read about Transit Enabled Lots, they can be placed next to each other but can function next to one another. That is you can not drag say rail through two TE lots next to each other and have it function in game.

Now I'd like to know if that is true with Network Enabled lots? Having two next to each other and able to drag through both, as well function in the game as such. Would it work that way or is it like the TE lots that you must space them apart and then drag the network through both for them to function as they should?
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

Swamper77

TE and NE Lots have the same restriction of not being able to be placed next to one another. You will need to leave a minimum of one tile between each Lot. The only difference between a TE Lot and a NE Lot is that NE Lots don't have properties for switching transit types (ie pedestrians to buses).

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

tamorr

Ok so they do have that the same restriction, I was wondering since they are slightly different in the first place as you just said. Thank you for you answer.

Hmm... I guess I'll have to make a few custom fillers for the inbetweens... The only reason I asked is because of the Coastal front I usually lay out. And all this means is I must make 2 lots for one filler per say... One for the water side and one for the land side.

I haven't seen many filler lots that have a prop overhang or offset to be used in the fashion I am thinking of. Like the tracks connecting two of PEGs seafront lots spaced with that 1 space, but still having the track connecting both. The fillers must be difficult to make, especially when I am not so good with models in the first place.

I can improvise as I have already begain making these Modular fillers... in LE.
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."