• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Darley Island

Started by Connor, December 06, 2009, 11:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emgmod

That is a beautiful High Street.

When I was reading through the update, I was thinking "This looks similar to the Commonwealth of Marathon, except smaller. And British." I liked the style of that MD, so I consider this one good too.

wallasey

Very good start, looking forward to seeing how this develops!

Was also chuffed to see a pic of Chester on here!

Nanami

Tomas Neto

Connor

Replies:

canyonjumper, Battlecat, calibanX, warconstruct, emgmod, wallasey, 976, Tomas Neto: Thanks for the replies, guys, it's much appreciated!

--

Here's a quote from canyonjumper's reply:

Quote from: canyonjumper on December 20, 2009, 12:02:26 PM
If you wanted a High street like you showed in the pics, use the NAM's Pedestrian Mall tiles

That's a good point...

So i decided to apply my pretty bad, though slowly improving LE ability.

Before...

After...

Progress is extremely slow at the moment, but things will speed up after the Christmas period.

---

Merry Christmas...

Connor.

calibanX

I like the change. You had created a nice American Main Street, now you've made a great British High Street.  :thumbsup:

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

canyonjumper

I like the way that turned out!  :thumbsup: That looks more like a British High street.

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

BuildingUp

I love the look, very European. Excellent job man!

Connor

calibanX, canyonjumper, BuildingUp: Thanks guys.

---

At the time of writing, it's nearly quarter past eleven here in Britain, and so Christmas Day is less than an hour away. It's gonna be the first white Christmas in my area for a very, very, very long time, and I hope that myself and of course everybody else has a great day tomorrow.

Christmas is about being with the people who are important to you, and enjoying their company (and gifts of course  ;)) and i hope everybody has a great day.

So from me, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Battlecat

Great looking little street there!  The pedestrian style really makes it look even better!

Tomas Neto

Really very nice street!!! Great work!!!   :thumbsup:
Merry Christmas !!!

scott1964

art128

Nice region overview so far my friend and merry christmas to you too (a bit late but hey !)
Also, it's a nice mains treet you've done there my friend, I liked it a lot, and it looks better with the pedestrian street instead of the classic street.

Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Connor

Replies:

Battlecat: Thanks for replying, and i'm glad you liked the pedestrian style.

Tomas Neto: Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you had a good christmas.

scott1964: Thanks for visiting, and I hope you had a good christmas.

art128: Thanks for commenting, and i'm glad you prefer the pedestrian street to the normal street.

---

After a busy Christmas period, i finally got a chance to start playing Simcity again yesterday, though i only had time to plop in a supermarket and make a parking lot in the LE, so there's no point showing any pictures at the moment.

However, it's a new year, and one of several new year's resolutions for me is to start progressing with this MD.

Plus, I've got something big planned for this MD which will all be revealed in the near future...

---

Connor

adroman

Ooohh... I'm intrigued!

I just caught up with all of the updates here, and I must say that you're progressing nicely... I love your parks and High Street, super realistic!

I can't wait to see your agricultural areas and the rest of your island...  :thumbsup:

Havva good one,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

Nanami

I can't wait to see your plan!