• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Woodworks Lots

Started by woodb3kmaster, July 31, 2009, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battlecat

Great looking textures!  These will add some great new options for park design! 

woodb3kmaster

Thanks, both of you! As it happens, it was my planned redesign of a park in Nyhaven that inspired me to create these textures. Although I'm only starting off with the ones I need to complete my design, I'll be sure to make many more textures before releasing the pack, to make it more flexible and useful to others.

After using precise measurements to remake all the textures, I think I'm done Photoshopping the first 22. They now fit together much more seamlessly:

All I need now is my IID range, and then I'll finally be able to start lotting with these textures. I can hardly wait (though, of course, I will wait)!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

woodb3kmaster

Excuse the double post (it has been 5 days, after all), but now that I have my IID range and have started using the textures, I thought I'd stop by to show you all what I'm doing with them. So here's a composite picture from lots of LE screenshots:

Nuclear City - 5/8

BigSlark

That's some ridiculously awesome grid breaking you have going on there!

I hope these make it to the LEX...

Cheers,
Kevin

netmod

Amazing Lot, great use of diagonal base or overlay textures
mooooooooooooooooo...

Battlecat

armagin

Looks awesome!!! This will be on my DL list for sure!
Check out a journey through Heavenshire over on Simtropolis: http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=716

tamorr

Holy.... Wow. That is what I call some fairly good use of the textures, definitely worth the wait. Those look pretty nice so far fleshed out. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

mightygoose

superb. simply stunning, now if only there were some less beautiful grimier/ industrial textures at these orientations.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

woodb3kmaster

Thank you all very much for your compliments! I was originally planning to keep these particular lots as a Nyhaven exclusive and only release the textures, but if there's enough interest, I just might package them together. The dependency list might not be too pretty, though...

Anyway, I have some more progress to report on my personal use of the oblique textures. Here's the latest composite image of the lots I've made for this project (ten of them so far, out of 25+). You can click on it to view a full-size zoom 4 mosaic:

Once I'm done making these lots, the finished product will be shown in my MD, and I'll try to have the texture pack ready by then, too.

Nuclear City - 5/8

CabraBuitre

These look really great!  I think that the overlay textures in and of themselves would be a great addition for lot builders!

I did notice something in the last pic...  It seems that there are some white lines along certain outside edges of some of the lots.  Maybe it's just an illusion, because I don't see it in all of the parts of the park, but I do see it in others (especially the center).  ... Actually, now that I look at it, this view doesn't look line an in-game view (just a lot-editor view).  I don't see those lines HERE in what's definitely an in-game view.

I really like the middle-bottom area of the park too... very good use of those props, they fit really well in that spot with the new overlays!

Keep up the great work!

Check out Abelfarei!