• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bridges where there is no sea-level water.

Started by dahemac, January 23, 2011, 07:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahemac

So you are working your way up to higher altitude communities and you have a canyon to bridge. However the canyon bottom is above sea level. You need a bridge, however SC4 only wants to put bridges over sea-level water. Is there a solution to this? Plopable bridges?

travismking

Its possible with certain slope mods to build bridges not over water, so try another slope mod. Also, check this link out, diagonal neighbor connecting "bridges" may be able to help you out in this situation http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11555.0

adroman

Hello dahemac,

There is a solution to your problem, somewhat. Have a look through this thread and see if the tutorial found there can help you out.  :thumbsup:

Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

dahemac

These are both great looking options. Thanks.

The Second tutorial is missing all its images making it somewhat harder to understand. Any idea what or where is the god-mode "rain" tool?

adroman

I've noticed that, too. If you scroll down the page, you get to dedgren's tutorial, which appears to be intact.

The rain tool is here, on the STEX.

Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

Rady

You might use the rain tool, but be aware that the rain tool when used will destroy your FAR curves (road, rail)!!! I don't know why, but I had to make the bitter experience myself. Destroyed any FAR curve within the city tile I used the rain tool in.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

dahemac

Thanks for the help!

Here is my first land bridge. It is made using the second method. I think I will try the first method to make a diagonal bridge.