• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True 3D models - SOLVED

Started by Lowkee33, January 13, 2012, 09:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jondor

I just looked into the two animated state fair props (something I had never considered before).  The ferris wheel (IID: 0x29880005) does not cast a shadow, but it does have the "is Ground Model" property set to false.  The tilt-o-whirl (IID: 0x298E0000) doesn't seem to cast a shadow either, but it's hard to tell on the lot, it may be covered up.  It does not have the "is Ground Model" property at all (which defaults to true, I think).

However, I did make one discovery: These two props have a kSC4BuildingModelClassProperty value of 0xEA123BE1  rather than the 0xAA123BF9 used with ATC props.  That may or may not make a difference.

Edit: I tried it out on my animated RR props.  It doesn't seem to make a difference either way, but I'll stick with 0xEA123BE1 from now on since there is a Maxis precedent.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Lowkee33

Quote from: jondor on February 28, 2012, 03:40:31 PM
Edit: I tried it out on my animated RR props.  It doesn't seem to make a difference either way, but I'll stick with 0xEA123BE1 from now on since there is a Maxis precedent.

Maxis uses two values: 0xEA123BE1, and 0xAA123BF9

The Maxis RR crossings: "ARR16x2x16_CrossingArms_2AD5" and "ARR16x2x16_CrossingArmsdiagonal_2AD6" have this:

0x00000000,0xAA123BF9,0x00000001,0xAA123BF9,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x00000003,0xAA123BF9

Looks like a "model state" type of property.  Hmm, perhaps rotations?

Perhaps it's better to stick with what you had?

NCGAIO

I found some fragments of what appears to be a data table for insertion into properties, but as it contained no rep clarifies this issue we'll try it another way then.

As we can see in the picture below are 358 exemplares_ that make call to  Buldingmodelclass property all related the animations. (Dat-1)

There are only two keys to this property.

The key 0xEA123BE1 I see always appears with full geometry animations S3D. as the other key 0xAA123BF9 appears only animated textures by ATC / avp even when referenced S3Ds animated.

The property itself has only effect in the game to the editor batch it makes no difference since the models are animated anyway. But when it changes its value in exemplares_RKT4 things happen as the prop vanishing or the brown box in the game.

How are reps for mullti states logically should only affect the prop in its current state but mistakes happen even if the key is changed to another state.

Therefore there must be relations between the operation of the property in SC4 but found nothing in the FileType Relations wiki so if anyone has other information will be very welcome.

EDIT:: Relationships  Wiki.

Property Exemplar name of gid 0xc977c536 calls an effect by string S3D, name, the effect name in the REGP section of an S3d May spawn an effect by directory name in the Effdir LUA, , fx, the fx command allows to reference an effect inside the effect dir from an LUA

0xC977C536 - Exemplar - Props  - Lods and Effects Children Parent  - Props Children Parent

NCGAIO

Quote from: Lowkee33 on February 28, 2012, 03:08:52 PM
Shadows are made from the other rotations, so it is no suprise a 3D S3D can have no shadows:
This was me trying to be fancy  ::).  Got my own type of shadow issue.

As always we have a lot of hidden information about different topics.

I do not know if it helps but it is posted by someone who understands the subject.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=52.msg226919#msg226919