• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Missing some (probably) easy dependencies.

Started by SecretCity, September 07, 2013, 05:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SecretCity

Hey guys. I'm missing a few dependencies that I thought I had covered. This is my first time doing this so be gentle if I mess up procedure. I've converted to what I think is acceptable for this forum and I've installed the OPPS mod to narrow things down. To be honest, I feel as though i'm only missing one or three inportant files. Thanks in advanced for your help with these.

This is some type of logging train station. MMP or something.

This is some type of bus depot. This file I'm unclear who made. No OPPS mod flag appears. I believe I'm missing some type of building.

This is some type of peg stream/pond. It may be a transition peice. I was 99% sure I had ggrabbed all of PEG's files so now I don't know which one I could have possibly missed.

This is some kind of mining place. Seems to be some type of bush or water texture missing. Again, I'm probably wrong.

I think this is a SimGoober Church. You'd think that since I can recognize this much info from the picture that I would be able to help myself with this one. I, however, cannot. All churchs from this same package look like this one.

Again, from SimGoober I think. This is a medium wealth Commercial Office building. There are a number from the same package that show up like this.

And now one last one. This one is from Simpeg, something to do with Urban canals or something along those lines.

catty

Hi SecretCity

Well I recognize the plugins in three of those pictures, but I'm having one of those "I know I know them ...." moments when its just not popping up to the surface, for future reference if you are in query mode in SC4 you can click on a lot and it will tell you what it is, doesn't help with the missing dependencies, but does help when someone's brain is   ?=mad)=  also sometimes if you hover your pointer over a missing prop it will tell you what it is ... that does rely on the creator having given the prop a name and title and some don't, but it's worth checking.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

sunv123

Greetings

Yes, most of them are missing dependencies, but i'm not completely sure about the PEG lots (I don't use them).

The read-mes usually have links to the dependencies.

Take care.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

SecretCity

Using that tool I was able to fix all of those files EXCEPT for that large bus terminal!

When I query the Bus Terminal, all it says is: Ut12x4_Bus_Terminal

I cannot find that file in my plugins folder, neither can I find a folder by that name. Even a google search for that file name turns up nothing.

APSMS

concerning Peg's water lots, I remember having the same problem. It has to do with an outdated IID that was revised when Peg updated the PPonds/Streams project. Go to his site and download the PPonds as well as the PStreams over again, and then I would suggest doing a search for the same files over at the STEX.

Then make sure that the files you download from the STEX mention that they are the new and improved version, and install that one (or if the ones from SimPeg match, you can use those). The URC project from Paeng uses the same models, hence the blank tiles there as well. I know when I made sure that I had the newest version that the RGB flags went away and I could actually start using the stuff (though I have yet to). Hope this helps.

The links to the dependencies in your readme's might be outdated, but a quick LEX power search for all of Simgoober's dependency packs (which include things like building models and loads of props) should tell you really fast whether you've got all the stuff you need or not. Also, if you have all[/b] of Peg's stuff, you might have both the new and old versions of his PPond models, which might be overriding the new ones, causing the errors. For some strange reason, the new files were uploaded but the old ones were never removed.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

SecretCity

Quote from: APSMS on September 08, 2013, 01:23:23 PM
concerning Peg's water lots, I remember having the same problem. It has to do with an outdated IID that was revised when Peg updated the PPonds/Streams project. Go to his site and download the PPonds as well as the PStreams over again, and then I would suggest doing a search for the same files over at the STEX.

Then make sure that the files you download from the STEX mention that they are the new and improved version, and install that one (or if the ones from SimPeg match, you can use those). The URC project from Paeng uses the same models, hence the blank tiles there as well. I know when I made sure that I had the newest version that the RGB flags went away and I could actually start using the stuff (though I have yet to). Hope this helps.

The links to the dependencies in your readme's might be outdated, but a quick LEX power search for all of Simgoober's dependency packs (which include things like building models and loads of props) should tell you really fast whether you've got all the stuff you need or not. Also, if you have all[/b] of Peg's stuff, you might have both the new and old versions of his PPond models, which might be overriding the new ones, causing the errors. For some strange reason, the new files were uploaded but the old ones were never removed.

Thanks very much. Everything is now fixed except for that bus terminal. I found the terminal on the STEX.

This is what it is supposed to look like.