• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Industrial Revolution Mod

Started by Tilarium, March 10, 2014, 11:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilarium

Anyone here know about the Industrial Revolution Mod over on Simtropolis?  Was wondering if anyone knew if there was also a version for commercial or residential.  The IRM has made the industrial zones look great and it allows better control over what grows where.  I'd love to have something similar for commercial, I hate it when I start getting tall buildings right smack dap in the middle of an area I was using for small businesses.  Same thing with residential with tenements and apartments in the middle of suburbia.

Gugu3

Hi Tilarium,
as far as i know there's nothing similar for residential and commercial...unless someone's working on it $%Grinno$%

APSMS

Generally modifying the growth stages with R & C would be less than advisable. due to the way the game handles industrial development, the IRM has minimal impact. Generally if you zoned low density Res, then the offending buildings are either plugins that were improperly modded, or one of the few MAXIS outliers. Generally neither is worth undertaking a monumental effort to fix, though you can modify the files on your own in the reader.

Removing low-stage buildings from high-density lots in R & C would cause large undeveloped tracts to remain so in your city until sufficient demand showed up, which is generally undesirable for game mechanics. The opposite, like I said, usually doesn't occur very often, and is easily solved either in the reader after identifying the building, or in-game with the bulldozer tool.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation