• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Japanese Buildings

Started by roger, August 31, 2015, 12:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roger

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for these Buildings in the Attachment. I found it on Sim City Force but the website to download it from is down.
My Cities are Japanese inspired and I really need these Buildings. Can you help me?

Thanks a lot,

Roger

vershner

I have these buildings, but I'm not sure whether it's ok to upload someone else's work. If you PM me your email address I'll send them to you - provided I can find them in my plugins folder.

threestooges

We generally discourage "off the books" sharing of files, and uploading someone else's work is pretty much only allowed if they give you their written permission. Understanding the frustration with not being able to get a building or lot that you would want can be frustrating, it all comes down to the creator of the work and how they allow it to be used, and respecting that. Another option you could try is attempting to contact the owner of the site.

kelis

The problem is that the original page where you could download these buildings is offline...  &mmm
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

vershner

Quote from: threestooges on September 03, 2015, 09:48:00 AM
We generally discourage "off the books" sharing of files, and uploading someone else's work is pretty much only allowed if they give you their written permission. Understanding the frustration with not being able to get a building or lot that you would want can be frustrating, it all comes down to the creator of the work and how they allow it to be used, and respecting that. Another option you could try is attempting to contact the owner of the site.
I quite appreciate the restriction on uploading someone else's work without their permission, however, if a work has been placed in the public domain, and the creator has not given any notification that he wishes to withdraw that work, then I don't see any problem with distributing it privately. I did check that no EULA was included with them.