• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Invisible Base Textures: Where Can I Get Them? And Will The Following Work?

Started by RKF_StaticJolts, August 04, 2007, 10:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKF_StaticJolts

I am trying to make a sparkle water effect for the pond that comes with the Palacia Cristal Botanic Garden Reward lot.  Since it wont let me "Save As" to apply the sparkle effect prop...I decided to make a lot 3X7 with only a 1X1 land slot and all the rest invisible.  I want to place a sparkle effect on a 4X3 area of the invisible base texture hoping I can place this lot next to the Palacia and get the sparkle effect over the pond.  I cannot find an invisible base texture in the lot editor though.  Is there a place I can download the invisible base texture?  And will this effort succeed?   Or if I am proceeding incorrectly, can you tell me how I might be able to accomplish my desired outcome?  Thank you!

jeronij

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=23.0

I am not sure if you idea will work though... I hope to see a picture of the effect in game.

Btw, if the original lot is in a plugins subfolder, and you open it with the LE, and you save it ( no save as) you will get a new lot, in the plugins folder, which you can use to replace the original one... I hope you get the idea ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

RKF_StaticJolts

Quote from: jeronij on August 04, 2007, 02:03:10 PM
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=23.0

I am not sure if you idea will work though... I hope to see a picture of the effect in game.

Btw, if the original lot is in a plugins subfolder, and you open it with the LE, and you save it ( no save as) you will get a new lot, in the plugins folder, which you can use to replace the original one... I hope you get the idea ;)

Thank you.  Your information was key in me figuring this out.  A bit more complicated, but the basic premis is correct.  After making sure only the original lot was in the ripptide subfolder,  I made the changes and replaced the lot in the ripptide subfolder with the lot that now appeared in the plugins folder.  This worked and the pool now sparkles.  I lost some of the functionality of the lot though as the replacement lot was reduced to only a 37 kb size...but the original lot was about 64 kb.  All I've noticed though is the query box does not come up anymore.  But I can totally live with that.  The pool sparkles. ;)  That's all I wanted.  Thanks for your help.  Cheers!

RKF_StaticJolts

P.S.  The sparkle effect has to be raised to 3.5 in the lot editor or you can't see the effect, as the pool itself is a prop and is slightly raised on the lot. ;)

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

RKF_StaticJolts

You're welcome.  And I'll take this opportunity to thank you Jeronij (JRJ) for your many awesome creations that dot all of my cities. ;)  Very talented.