• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Terrain mod crash

Started by Sir Charles of Dunlap, August 23, 2007, 08:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Charles of Dunlap

Okay... This is strange. So I have the CPT_NO3, and NO4 dats installed in my plugins folder, just the way it says, I have one of Peg's rock mods installed, and a water mod from the Stex installed,  oh and the snowcapped diagonal fix. I have had no problem running these until last night. What happens is at certain elevations the game crashes, to be clear, if I have a flat region it works fine, I can had small hills, and I can make extreme mesas, at heights of well whatever the maximum height is (lol), like 2300 meters or something, but I can't make medium sized hills, I have not pin pointed the exact height I can't create, but at a certain height the game crashes. Any help would be welcome.

-Charlie

jeronij

Make sure you have only one terrain controller file installed at a time. The snowscapped fix is a terrain controller btw  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Sir Charles of Dunlap

Ahh.... So I can't use it? I am supposed to have No 3 and 4 in right? And then I can add other terrain controllers to it right? So I can have the diagonal fix in, but I can't?

-Charlie

jeronij

The diagonal edges fix works only for the Columbus Terrain mod ( and its controllers). It will make your game crash if you use it with other terrain mods  ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

c.p.

In addition to the No 3 and No 4, you need a No 5 file also.  The No 5 file should have come with the mod.  It contains some textures that are used at higher elevations.

Sir Charles of Dunlap

Ahh... So is there a number 5 for the Columbus mod? If not I can move on the Meadowshire or Italian mods. I probably will, I think I will. Well thanks for the assistance.

-Charlie

c.p.

Ah, OK, If you're using the Columbus terrain mod you don't need a No. 5 file, but you need the CP_ColumbusRockTextures.dat that came with the Columbus mod.  This file will not conflict with Peg's rock mod.