• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Railroad textures appear incorrect

Started by krbe, December 10, 2007, 08:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krbe

I downloaded the noraildirt-mod from PEG/SWAMPER since most railroad lots don't show any textures on the sides. However, I'm getting a really light brown texture if I develop the area around the tracks, I believe it's some other downloaded texture that overrides the mod. Problem is, I can't easily idendtify the culprit -- so are there someone who know how to get rid of the textures sgown below?

rooker1

You could try moving the mod to a ZZZZ Folder so it loads last.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Derbert

Do you have the SMP Sidewalk mod, by mjig_dudy, installed? That will produce the light brown area around the tracks.

krbe

The sandstones was the problem. All fixed now, although appending z's to the filenames (in various ways) didn't help with the sandstones and rural dirt from the jrj streetside mod.

Toichus Maximus

hmm, that's odd, I had had the same problem for a little while but the z's eliminated it once I got the peg mod.

jeronij

To All,

Usually it is not a very good idea to have different versions of the same mod installed at once. I would suggest you to uninstall any previous or different version of a mod prior to installing a replacement for it.

But, if you decide to have many installed, the only way to make work the one you want is to make it load in the last place when SC4 reads the plugin folder. If the mod file is in the plugins root dir, and you place a "z_" before the file name, you will make this file load in the last place when windows reads the plugins folder. however, this is  a bad system, and you can find your plugins folder full with many files renamed to "Z_"  ::)

I hope this helps you to understand the situation  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

krbe

Actually, jeronij, it was by adding more files I could get the look that I wanted (I found the look of the high wealth sidewalks preposterous). And the sandstone mod looked like that I was after, only to discover those ugly dirt textures along the railway. However, by adding even more files to the mod folder (jeronij's addon files) I have almost the look I desire :satisfied:

So, I am ready to build the region of my dreams (and horror, on the other side of the river, for balance).

Good tie!

jeronij

Quote from: krbe on December 13, 2007, 07:55:58 PM
Actually, jeronij, it was by adding more files I could get the look that I wanted (I found the look of the high wealth sidewalks preposterous). And the sandstone mod looked like that I was after, only to discover those ugly dirt textures along the railway. However, by adding even more files to the mod folder (jeronij's addon files) I have almost the look I desire :satisfied:

So, I am ready to build the region of my dreams (and horror, on the other side of the river, for balance).

Good tie!

Good luck with the city of your dreams  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary