• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I don't want seasonal trees on lots

Started by Howling, March 13, 2008, 04:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

Why not change the RKT4 to RKT1 ( and just put the TGI of the SC4Model you want ) and remove all Simulator Date related properties ?

As for the brown boxes, it is likely CP made the trees into families, so if the lot maker had put the tree family and not the tree itself, you have more examplars to change - ie you'll have to find all trees examplars belonging to that family and edit them

Edit : Seems Andreas get the same idea but was quicker than me to wrote it down

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Howling

Quote from: Andreas on March 14, 2008, 04:51:36 PM
I just made a quick test with the method described above, and everything worked fine, as the following pic is showing:

On the left, there is a normal lodgepole pine prop, in the middle is a seasonal cottonwood tree, and on the right is the other cottonwood tree ("Pappel" in German; and "Herbst" is "fall"), modded to show the lodgepole pine model. I haven't edited the hover query, so you can see that it's actually the cottonwood tree and not a lodgepole pine prop.

Maybe you picked a wrong ID for the lodgepole pine? I selected one that is somewhere in the middle of the exemplar file list, named "CP_LodgepoleC_5x5x40", with the TGI "0x6534284A,0x0E274FB2,x0F3C20E02" and the RKT1 ID "0x5AD0E817,0x0E274FB2,0x65340000". Attached is my test lot and the mod file - try if that works for you.

The fifth ID from the left in the RKT4 property doesn't need to be changed, I think it's fixed for all seasonal props. The "blank" trees are probably some placeholders or so, I haven't checked those so far. As far as I can see, they don't do any harm, though.

Oh perhaps I used the wrong ID for the lodgepoles then - yes. I used the same as the one I used to replace Jeronij's trees with - which I now remember, haven't been tested yet... - I will try this! But not now it's past 1 am - thanks Andreas (and wouanagaine) for helping me out with this! I'll continue on it asap!
Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

Howling

It's working! It's working!  &apls Andreas!

Now did you only use the CP_Lodgepoles from his megapack? Because I cannot find CP_LodgepoleC_5x5x40 in CP_PropPack_Vol01.dat. I did find two others and used those and those worked excellently! The other lodgepoles I tried to use came from the Columbus Terrainmod package; The No7 treecontroller file to be exact. I'm uncertain it really works for the JRJ trees now, though. But i'm also uncertain if those are actually used on any of the lots in question :P

The result so far:

Edit: Didn't notice CP_PropPack_Vol02 there :D But no LodgepoleC in there...?
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

Andreas

I'm glad to hear that it's finally working. :) I got the lodgepole pine prop from Cycledogg's updated Mega Prop Pack. I don't know if it was included in a previous pack, so it might be feasible to update your files. I think I saw at least five different lodgepole pines in there, but I haven't checked them all. If you want to use props that are included in the tree controller files, you either need to have that file installed (since it contains the necessary exemplar files), or you have to copy those to another DAT, like I did with the attached mod. Also, make sure that you copy prop exemplar files, not flora exemplar files. Well, and obviously, the DAT with the model file (i. e. the two DATs that came with the first Columbus Terrain Mod) will have to be installed.
Andreas

Howling

Quote from: Andreas on March 16, 2008, 12:56:23 PM
I got the lodgepole pine prop from Cycledogg's updated Mega Prop Pack

*gasp* I wasn't aware his packs were updated into one biggy. I installed it - luckily, no brown boxes appeared :D Your infinite wisdom saves the day once more!