• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT_props/textures .VS. MEGA prop/textures pack

Started by Heinz, February 28, 2007, 07:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinz

hello! i need help. again. im new to the plugging in of things into sc4. i posted at the cleanitol thread but then i figured there is this thread to help with bsc things. iv been downloading like crazy a few weeks back and had to stop because of so many dependancies. being a programming illiterate, my question is. for bsc, are the filenames like for example::: BSC_BAT_PROPS_maker_volx    already obsolete? i just download the megaprop pack of "maker" and all is good?

Cali

This is probably something that a member from bsc should answer, but what i can tell you is , the "mega" packs consist of allll the other previous versions of props to the lots. so yes, you should be ok if you download the mega packs.
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Heinz

ok thanks cali. since you mentioned it should probably be answered by bsc, i gues it wouldnt hurt to wait for an answer. thanks again. its been very confusing for me with BAT props x-xx versus MEGA props  :-\ :-\ ()what() ()what()

jestarr

I'm not sure if it's true for all the BSC members (BarbyW would know best), but for my stuff, all the props I've made are in my 3 mega packs.  The same for my textures.  They're all in the two texture packs.  If you have my latest files from the LEX, the lots and readme's have been updated to reflect the latest prop/texture packs.

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Heinz

ok thanks JES and CALI. now, if Barby would know best, i hope she sees my thread and helps out  &hlp &hlp

Heinz

also, this is a rather goofy question but just to be sure. which one do i use? BSC Textures Vol 01 here at the lex  or    BSC Textures MEGA Pack back at the stex? or do i need both?

Colyn

The one here is the latest and it includes a Cleanitol file to help you clean up your plugins folder BEFORE you install this pack.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

BarbyW

zniehadajet: one of the problems that we are currently having is that older files have to be updated with new Readmes. The older prop packs have been combined into MEGA packs and so the older Readmes point to the old packs. :'( The Mega packs on the LEX all have a text file in the zip with the contents of the Mega pack listed and there are now very few single BAT Prop packs - the main exception being the SNM packs as each of those is quite big anyway. I suggest that you get the Essentials files and all the prop and texture packs from the LEX and only look for anything else in a Readme that is a single item like some of simgoober's houses that I and others have used on lots.
I apologise for the confusion that the older lots are causing but the Readmes are being updated as they are uploaded to the LEX. It is the ones still on the STEX that will be out of date.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Heinz

ok thanks jes cali and barby!!! LEX is the way!!! lol thank you guys so much &apls &apls :thumbsup: