• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Help me to start with CAM

Started by VeTram, December 22, 2008, 09:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

Sorry, VeTram, I did reply to your query about the farms but it didn't post.
You should download the BSC No Maxis Files from the LEX and then follow the installation instructions in the download description. Just use whichever you want but for the farms you need the Prevent_I-r_Lots.dat. Then download some more of the BSC farms and fields from the DVD - don't forget to download the files in the Dependency folder - so that you have more variety for the stages 1-3 farms.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

RippleJet

Quote from: VeTram on December 27, 2008, 08:15:04 AM
so , the population density (jobs/residents per tile) = the capacity of each type of residents ($,$$,$$$) devided by the numbers of lot's tile? am i right?

It's only the highest-wealth capacities that are looked at when determining the lot's growth stage.
Thus, for a R§§ lot only the R§§ capacity is divided by the lot size, giving the density.

The R§ capacity is only used whenever the lot dilapidates and turns into a R§, which can hold a larger capacity.
The growth stage of the lot won't change when it dilapidates though.

in order for the simulator to pass from stage 2 to stage 3 must exist more than 800 residents $ , and nothing more? , the same for residents $$ must exist more than 900 and so on...am i right?...or 800 or 900 etc is the total number of all wealth types residents?

It's the sum of all residential capacity in your region, i.e. R§+R§§+R§§§.
In other words, when the total regional residential capacity surpasses 800, you get a 5% chance of growing a stage 2 R§.
However, you won't see a stage 2 R§§ until the regional residential capacity surpasses 900,
and R§§§ cannot reach stage 2 unless you've surpassed 1000.

For commercials the thresholds are the sum of all commercial capacity in your region, i.e. CS§+CS§§+CS§§§+CO§§+CO§§§

For industrials the thresholds are the sum of all industrial capacity in your region (excluding farming), i.e. ID+IM+IHT.

and something else..where can i see the number of each wealth type of RCI  in my city?  Is it possible and how?

Use the Census Repository Facility! ;)

VeTram

barbyW: Thanks for reply barbyW , but why is it necessary to do so? I also like some maxis files and want to keep them , simply i dont want them to be repeated into my city.....of course if i must do so for your lovely medditerenean farms to be shown into game , i will do so..

RippleJet: I am trying hard to understand whatever you write. I think i am close to understand , but perhaps i need some practice..i did not anything about Census Repository Facility...i will download it , and see if i will ask further about it.  sorry for too many questions , but i am looking forward to understand the most important subjects , in order to move on with my city...
thanx a  lot.. :thumbsup:

For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

RippleJet

Quote from: VeTram on December 27, 2008, 09:29:45 AM
barbyW: Thanks for reply barbyW , but why is it necessary to do so? I also like some maxis files and want to keep them , simply i dont want them to be repeated into my city

If you want Maxis farms to grow as well, you shouldn't use the blocker of course.

However, the 7 Maxis farms appear on 18 different in-game lots.
If you only have one custom lot, each time a farm grows, it would have a chance of only 1 out of 19 to grow.

VeTram

By the way , when the custom farm lot is 3x2 for example , (like one of barbyW's farm lots in the file i mentioned before)  should i use a 3x2 I-R lot?...i say so , because i want my farm lots to have a random large shape , and the farm-house to grow somewhere inside the lot....(as in pic below)..  i also think that i cannot zone  such a short farm  lot (3x2) , as the game itself inform me that it is too short.....

For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

RippleJet

Each farm needs a lot of space for the fields to develop around the farm.
The 3×2 is the size of just the farm itself, without the fields.
Thus, you need to zone a lot larger than that.

The farmhouse (the 3×2 lot) must grow next to a road or street though.
It cannot grow in the middle of the field.

VeTram

sorry , RippleJet , that i delayed to edit the pic ....you can see what i mean

RippleJet

Nice farms in that picture... irregular just as they should be. :thumbsup:

You will never be able to exactly control where the farmhouse itself appears though.
It will be somewhere along any of the roads/streets encircling the zoned area.

You should download more custom farms (than just the one) in order to provide alternatives to (especially) the Pedriana plant though ;)

VeTram

Quote from: RippleJet on December 27, 2008, 10:00:46 AM
If you want Maxis farms to grow as well, you shouldn't use the blocker of course.

However, the 7 Maxis farms appear on 18 different in-game lots.
If you only have one custom lot, each time a farm grows, it would have a chance of only 1 out of 19 to grow.

something about the above that i was wondering....why not just demolish every time a maxis lot appears and i do not want to keep , instead of using BSC No Maxis Files?....By this way , i could keep maxis files , and just keep them whenever i want..what's your opinion ?

now , something else very important...I read in Agricultural Stage Limits the following......"The threshold values are in all cases the total regional industrial capacity (not workforce): ID + IM + IHT.
Note that IR (agricultural farms) are not included in the regional industrial capacity!"
.....what if i do not plan to have any ID , or IM  or IHT into my city?  what will happen with farms lots?  ...in the same subject i read in the manual for farming , and it writes that for example for farms stage 4 that they will start appearing as the regional industry capacity reach 500...
but as written above industry capacity= ID+IM+IHT....so , same question , what will happen if i do not want INDUSTRY at all in my rural city?..the simulator will not ever appear a stage 4 farm lot?
forgive me for asking too much ...thanx

....at the meanwhile till i get your answers , i used the above method ( demolish some maxis lots ) and i post a pic , dedicated special to RippleJet and BarbyW...Hope you like it..

thanxs for all

RippleJet

Quote from: VeTram on December 27, 2008, 09:40:51 PM
something about the above that i was wondering....why not just demolish every time a maxis lot appears and i do not want to keep , instead of using BSC No Maxis Files?....By this way , i could keep maxis files , and just keep them whenever i want..what's your opinion ?

Certainly, and your picture confirms this! :thumbsup:

Quote from: VeTram on December 27, 2008, 09:40:51 PM
now , something else very important...I read in Agricultural Stage Limits the following......"The threshold values are in all cases the total regional industrial capacity (not workforce): ID + IM + IHT.
Note that IR (agricultural farms) are not included in the regional industrial capacity!"
.....what if i do not plan to have any ID , or IM  or IHT into my city?  what will happen with farms lots?  ...in the same subject i read in the manual for farming , and it writes that for example for farms stage 4 that they will start appearing as the regional industry capacity reach 500...
but as written above industry capacity= ID+IM+IHT....so , same question , what will happen if i do not want INDUSTRY at all in my rural city?..the simulator will not ever appear a stage 4 farm lot?

You've come up with the answer yourself already... ;)
If you do not allow any industry (ID, IM, IHT) to develop anywhere in the region, then you will never reach stage 4 farms.

VeTram

So , i must have any industry (ID, IM, IHT) , in order to see beyond stage 3 farm lots in my city....that's not so good , because i was planning to have an absolutely rural city with farms and nothing else...it seems that i must change my plans..But i read again in manual .."The industrial stages are dependent on the total regional industrial capacity...
So , is it possible to have a city in the region with agrigulture lots only and their growth to depend on the total regional industry capacity of other cities in the same region? ()what()

RippleJet

Quote from: VeTram on December 28, 2008, 03:05:13 AM
So , is it possible to have a city in the region with agrigulture lots only and their growth to depend on the total regional industry capacity of other cities in the same region? ()what()

Yes :thumbsup:
As long as the cities are connected with either road or rail (directly or through other cities).