• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Little help with some housekeeping

Started by phillosopherp, March 06, 2009, 02:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillosopherp

So I am trying to cut down on my menu items by getting rid of plops. I don't use them has I am one who likes to see these grow, instead of just ploping and running. So I have gotten rid of all the easily identifiable plops, which are the ones that say specifically plop in the name. I am sure that you all can help me from here. I don't know how to identify the lots that are plops that do not tell me in there name that they are. Could someone tell me how to distinguish from a growable and a ploppable by looking at the file names? Thanks.

RippleJet

Several of the ploppable ones have a filename starting with LM.

lgmills

If you have a whole bunch of plops, you might want to download SC4Tool and use its Comparer editor.  You can scan your plug-ins folder and then select a type of building to view (or even edit) - in this case, you would select Ploppables from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.  This will give you a complete list of your ploppable buildings, and you'll see each one of their file names when you click on the name of the building.  It's fantastic.
This is much better explained in the tutorial that comes with the program. 
I'm not sure of the link for downloading this tool - but if you search the forums for SC4Tool, I know the link is there.  I apologize for not having it on hand.
Please PM me if you need help. 

- Cindy