• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Need help: How do I setup 3DsMAX 8 to make compatible with BAT

Started by Rayden, March 07, 2007, 11:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

I know there is a plugin for 3DSMAX somewhere, I just don't know if it is compatible with version 8, and what settings has to be made to the Autodesk program to make it export proper SC4Models. Can someone help me out?

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Rayden

Thanks Jer, I'm going through that massive thread right now. I wish that could be somewhere a basic tutorial on this matter &mmm

jeronij

I think a brief tutorial is included in the Mod, available at the ST's mods section. But you will probably have to read most of the thread anyway  ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

vester

You find Bat For Max V2 in the Modding Files section at St.

If you follow the document that comes with the package, you should be okay.

For updates on what works or how to get things to work, I would suggest that you start from the back of that thread Jeroni posted a link to and work you forward.

Rayden

Just one question, I haven't read the whole thread yet, but, is it still necessary to follow all those steps on the readme of that file? Like exporting the lods ofyour model, import them in Gmax/Bat and exporting them again back as a sc4model and copy that name into that box at 3dsmax render option? Or does 3dsmax do that job of exporting the sc4model on its own now? You see, that thread it's a bit old, and so far I haven't found anything about that except for the old method. &Thk/(

vester

Rayden

Well, then something is still wrong or I am doing something wrong. I'll describe the test I've half an hour ago.

1 - Opened my model (max format) - Refit the lods and then selected them with "h" shortcut key.
2 - Exported as 3ds file.
3 - Opened BAt/Gmax, imported the 3ds file and without doing anything I exported the sc4model
4 - Opened my plugins folder and copied the sc4model name into clipboard
5 - Opened my model once again and tried to paste the name into the box and I got an error message saying that the name of the file was invalid giving an example how the name should have been.

The only difference from that example to the name of my file was just the - sign in front of my file. See bellow the name bat gave to the exported file

-0x5ad0e817_0xf2fb6663_0x50000.SC4Model

Is there anything wrong with that name, should I rename it and take that - sign from the front of the file name?

Thanks Vester for al this trouble.

Rayden

Well, I found out the first problem, noobie fault, did not save the file before export from bat, there the lack of the name.
Now it is accepted by 3dsmax and I can press the render button, but.... it stops and hangs forever at 16%. Any clues?

SimFox

show some screenshots.. the fact that MAX hangs forever at 16% means that might be something wrong with your model...