• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Florida trip

Started by SteveMSim, August 29, 2010, 04:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveMSim

I have been a SimCity player for over ten years, starting with SimCity 2000.  I have been a hobbyist photographer for much longer.  Among my favorite photography subjects is cityscapes and architecture, which heed lead me to playing the SimCity games.  Recently, I took a trip to Florida, where I used to live and still have family.  I brought my camera with and took a number of photographs.  I have some of the photos displayed on my Flickr account, which I have for several years.

Below are several photographs taken in Tallahassee.  Tallahassee is situated in northern Florida, in the section known as the panhandle, and is the capital of the state.  Tallahassee also has two major universities, Florida State University, and Florida A & M University.

Below is the Florida State Capitol, the seat of the state government of Florida.  The building consists of a 22 story skyscraper tower flanked by two wings housing both branches of the state legislature.  On the capitol's top floor is an observation deck where one can view Tallahassee and the surrounding area.

Below is the Old Capitol.  The Old Capitol served as the state capitol from 1845 until 1977, when the present capitol opened, and is located next to the present capitol.  The Old Capitol is restored to its 1902 appearance, after its first major expansion, which the dome was added on.

Across the street from the present state capitol is the Florida Supreme Court building, which houses the state's supreme court: 

Below is a view of Adams Street in downtown Tallahassee.  The downtown area is immediately north of the state capitol:

Below is a water fountain in a plaza in downtown Tallahassee:

I shot several photos from the observation deck atop the state capitol.  Below is a shot of Adams Street downtown:

Below is a shot of the First Baptist Church from the observation deck:

Florida State University from the capitol's observation deck:

A SimCity-like look of downtown Tallahassee from the capitol's observation deck:

A view of Apalachee Parkway from the Capitol observation deck.  Apalachee Parkway extends east from the Capitol.

I'll post more photos of Florida as I post them on my Flickr site.