• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cant FInd the Landmarks/ Props

Started by mudpie, June 02, 2009, 12:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudpie

Hi all...
i have the SIMCITY deluxe / rus h hour.

I downloaded alot of resdiential props and installed the neccessary Dependencies and followed the steps. Howver, i dont see the residential lots in SImcity Landmarks.  Where did i go wrong?

And, ususally when i unpack the zip files, the lots, .model etc is in a sub folder. Do i put them inside /plugins or do i put the entire lots directory into /plugins ? or jus the last folder?

Im gettign so frustrated and deleted the entire game :( I jus seem to be unable to get the lots seen in Simcity.

threestooges

Many buildings are able to be plopped from the landmark menu. However, for whatever reason, residential lots do not function properly in this method. Their commutes do not work properly and will abandon due to long commute times. As a result they are not made to be ploppable and functional. You must either wait for them to grow, plop them as non-functional "eye candy" or plop them using the building plop cheat.

As for your plugin question, anything in the plugins folder will be loaded when the game starts whether it is in a sub folder or not. Also, items are loaded in alphabetical order. If any items modiy the same property (such as terrain mods) the properties of the last loaded file will take priority and be what the game uses.

Hope that helps.

mudpie

Still lost. What u mean is that although i have them in plugins (residential hse . condos) i cant see them in Simcity ? DO i need to zone it (rediential / commercial) and wait til grows then the lots will appear and available for me to "plot" in game ?

threestooges

Residential lots will only grow on residential zones, they are not made to be plopped (there are problems with driving times). Commercial and Industrial lots can be made to plop from the landmark menu as well as grow. So yes, you must zone residential and they should grow, but they will not appear as plops unless you use the building plop cheat.

mudpie

TY so much. i hope i got it though ...

If i install residential lots in /plugin folder, i wont be able to use them to "plot" whereever i want i residential zones? When they grow overtime then i can see it in zones? Then why do they upload residential lots since we cant play it anywhere we want (in residentail zones)?

As for commercial / industrial, i can plot them anywhere  i want in their rightful zones? Meaning it will appear in Landmarks after i install / download?

Im  terribly sorry for my noobest and ur patience :) I jsut wanna get started with this cool game and kinda lost in the beginning.

I'll look for the Plop hac here at the meantime... TY in advance.

Diggis

There are 2 different types of lots for each zone... Ploppable and growable.

The majority of uploads for Ind Res and Com contain growable lots.  These will only appear when you zone for them.

Ind and Com can also have ploppables included in the download.  This will appear in the menu (usually the landmark menu) for you to plop where every you want.  This is most common with commercial sky scrapers

Residential can not be made into a ploppable because the sims won't commute and the lot abandons.  Therefore you can only have growable residential lots.