• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

roundabout bug

Started by Rady, August 07, 2009, 09:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rady

Hello,

when connecting a road to a roundabout, sometimes it will lead to this (depending on where you are going to connect the road to the roundabout):

AFAIK there are 4 positions where this will work out fine (which is the 12 / 3 / 6 / 9 o'clock position of the roundabout, as one can clearly see in the image). Is there a way to avoid this when using other positions to connect your road? Or do we have to live with that bug? ()what()
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

io_bg

Unfortunately roads can't be connected like this to a roundabout, the only way is shown next to the problem place on your pic ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Andreas

Try the following. Coming from the overpass, try to bend the road a bit, so it enters the roundabout at the place where the road on the right enters at the moment. It might be necessary to relocate the overpass by one tile, since there has to be at least one straight road tile at the start and the end of the overpass. Relocate the other road further to the right, to the next place where a roundabout entry is possible. Sometimes, one has to be a bit creative with the road layout. ;)
Andreas

Rady

thanks folks, gonna give it a try tomorrow :thumbsup: .. obviously i never stop learning  :P
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps