• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Emmotic's

Started by MTT9, July 19, 2009, 01:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTT9

I was just wondering what do you think about this

What do you think?
You can call me Matt

beutelschlurf

moin emmotic,

looks nice so far!  :thumbsup: what's with those other sites ... would like to see them as well!  ;)
lets see what it looks in gmax ... just in case here is the procedure (thanx to ehbk2006) ... klick   :P
... keep up the promising work!

b_schlurf

MTT9

Good to know you like it b_schlurf.

Here is the rest of the house:
Front:

Right:

Back:

Left:

I would love to show it to you in Gmax but i don't have SketchUp Pro, so i can't convert this model. &mmm
If anyone wants to do it, it would be great. But i guess is too much work so...
You can call me Matt

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

MTT9

Thanks RebaLynnTS .

Here is my last piece of work:

What do you think?
You can call me Matt

RebaLynnTS

I like it, can't wait to see how it looks rendered.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Nexis4Jersey

looks very nice, can't wait till its released  :thumbsup:

Leodido

Very nice models.

Are you using Google Sketchup?

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

SimNation

you guys did not read that he does not have sketch up pro :P so someone might need to help him convert these to files that can go into sc4

MTT9

Thanks RebaLynnTS, Nexis4Jersey, Leodido and SimNation for passing by. ;)

As SimNation said, i won't be able to get this stuff render :( but i would be glad if someone could take the time and effort to do so.

I've changed some details to the Bay&Gable. What do you think?

You can call me Matt

beutelschlurf

moin emmotic,

QuoteI've changed some details to the Bay&Gable. What do you think?
... try to add some gradient to your roof-tiles ... it is slightly to much repetition in it ...
QuoteAs SimNation said, i won't be able to get this stuff render  :( but i would be glad if someone could take the time and effort to do so.
if i have finished my degree, i could give it a try ... at least to get you a 3ds file!

b_schlurf

MTT9

After a long pause...

Look who managed to make it from SketchUp to Bat!
Thats right, Me! :D

I know i have to change the textures, but i'm really happy ()stsfd()
And thanks beutelschlurf for passing by and offering your help, hope you are going well with your degree.

More coming soon...
You can call me Matt

beutelschlurf

moin emmotic,

Quote[...] hope you are going well with your degree.
you know it's never like you wish it is!  :'(  ;)
... good to see that you managed the export!  :P it comes out quit sharp!
keep it up, mate!

b_schlurf

spa

Good to see you made it from sketchup to gmax. More rowhouses are always welcome.  A few suggestions:

1. These seem really, really big. I suspect the scale didn't convert very well from sketchup to gmax. A floor in gmax is somewhere between 4-5!
2. Some of the textures look like they need to be touched up. The roof shingles are very distracting because they're tiled and repeat.
3. I would scale up your brick texture. Yes what you have is realistic, but it makes bricks into a blur in game. Better to reduce so that you get to keep some visible details. Maxis did it with all their brick buildings (for example the ingame high school)
4. Don't make the walkway streatch out from the house. That needlessly limits the way your bat can be used in game and it's not necessary. Some might want it to be close to the street some might want it setback a ways, but if you leave the batted sidewalk in, there will be only one option.
5. There seems to be something strange going on next to the bay window. It looks like the decorative band isn't attached to the house in the corner since it's casting a really strange shadow and is lit up when every thing around it is shadowed.
6. A few other textures look flat, but I assume they either haven't been done yet or are works in progress.

All and all it's a promising start!

MTT9

Thanks beutelschlurf for passing by.
And thanks for the advise spa.

I've already...

• fixed the scale, which is now correct
  • change the roof, however i think i need some help with it
  • scaled up the brick texture
  • fixed that weird shadow
  • change those flat textures, although they still look the same

Also i'm thinking about making a second version with no walkway and no backyard walls

I think i should scale up the brick texture a little more. Also i would appreciate if someone could give me a good looking roof texture.

That's all for now....
You can call me Matt

beutelschlurf

moin emmotic,

it's me - again!  ;D
quite offen i take them from here ... just look for roofing. keep in mind that you only can download about 15mb from this site ...
here you find more - klick!
you can also use maxis textures wich come along with the bat: find them in gmax/gamepacks/bat/textures
... most of the guys around use those ...
try to work on your textures in photoshop or similar graphic software. there are nice tutorials around like this one - klick!
hope it helps ...

b_schlurf

MTT9

Once again, thanks for your help beutelschlurf.

After a couple of tries, i think i have the right textures, but i might be wrong...

Do you guys think that's good enough?
You can call me Matt

Nexis4Jersey

wow , impressive , just a little more textures and it would be more realistic &apls