• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Land of Desera

Started by nedalezz, February 01, 2010, 09:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canyonjumper

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

nedalezz

Replies

canyonjumper: Thanks for commenting, Jordan :)
kwakelaar: Rumor has it that the meeting in Washington went quite well. I guess we'll see in the upcoming updates ;) Thanks for stopping by!
penguin007: Cedar is growing, and its starting to grow fast!
rooker1: Thanks, the nightshots are a new touch to this MD but I personally love nightshots!
Tomas Neto: Thank you! You must teach me how to make amazing mosaics like those that can be found in your MD!
Battlecat: Well, no one likes to live on dirt roads, thats why most of the plots were developed along Country Road. Now that paved streets are the norm in Cedar, people are starting to bunch up next to central Cedar as they dont want to be too far from work!
io_bg: Thanks for stopping by and commenting, and thanks for the kind words!

Here is a couple of before and after shots of Cedar!

Update Eleven.

Update Thirteen.

Yan077

It's once again splendid ! Love these before and after shots   :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Yeah, at this point Cedar still has the benefit of being an extremely foot traffic friendly community!  It's really not far to walk from one end to the other! 

nedalezz

The State of Nesara: Update Fourteen

Population: 2,115

Completed Projects: Cedar Police Station One

Developing Projects: Haiden Construction Co. Offices (Country Road), Green Oaks Residences (Davidson Contracting Ltd, Country Road)

Around Cedar

After coming back from Washington D.C. with relatively good news (i.e. funding), James Brooks promised the Cedar locals that the top priority for the council would be to pave every road in the town, and he has made good on that promise (almost), as just about every street in Cedar is now covered with asphalt. A few side streets on the outskirts of town, especially the southern and eastern outskirts, remain unpaved, but the Nesara Council has promised they shall not remain like that for long.

----------------------------

Quite a few plots with houses on them have been put on the market for sale in and around central Cedar as prices have shot up to around $4,000 in the area. People who had originally bought plots for as low as $1,000 and $1,500 stand to make a nice little sum, especially considering they can relocate just down the road or a few minute walk from their old homes and still pay only $1,500 a plot. The 2x2 (400 sq. meter) plot just opposite the Nesara Council on the corner of Intersection Street and Country Road recently went on the market for $130,000, and there are rumors that Haiden Construction is looking to buy it and re-develop it.

Cedar has seen a small boom in construction in recent times as development has started spreading off of Country Road and further into the forests around the town. Most of the development can be found in the southern area of Cedar, around the school and hospital, and the eastern area, close to the newly built police station. Central Cedar has also seen redevelopment as land owners look to cash in on the rise in prices and businessmen look to cash in on the central location of a rapidly growing town. On a side note, the town recently surpassed 2,000 registered residents.

Davidson Contracting Ltd. recently announced it had completed the blueprints on its new project, Green Oaks Residences, confirming that they will be developing a residential community on the new land it had bought recently. Although the company did not release much information other than that, Danny Davidson, owner of the company, stated that, "Everyone will be able to buy a home in our development, and I can confirm that it will come equipped with all the necessary amnesties to make it a one of a kind living experience."

Cedar Police Station One, situated on the eastern part of town, is Nesara's first and only base for its new police department. The Nesara Police and Fire Department, or NPFD for short, also acquired 5 cars for the police to use. Currently the NPD has employed 24 people, with 16 of them field cops. The NPFD has also now responsible for the fire station just off of central Cedar.

Shots of Cedar.

On a recent survey of the coast, the Nesara Council took some pictures of a site used by a few locals for some fishing. They decided to release them to the public for tourism purposes. Enjoy!

Shots of the coast of Nesara.

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Battlecat

Wow, that's an incredibly beautiful beach area!  Also nice to see some diagonal roads slipping into your community! 

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

kimcar

&apls &aplsFantastic beach . It`s catch my eye for sure. Looking forward :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

Those are some fantastic looking beaches, I will back my bags and come for a visit if I could book a flight. (Guessing it is a bit of a problem as the airstrip has not opened yet :) )

art128

I take a fly to Nesara now, I NEED to take a sun bath on that beach !  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tomas Neto

Wow my friend, fantastic beach!!! Awesome update!!!  &apls &apls

canyonjumper

You've surpassed the, already great, quality of the usual posts, Nedal! Those beach shots are beautiful! Just out of curiosity (plus I might just implement it in my region ;D), which beach mod are you using?

Your friend, Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

planetechef

Wait, i take off my sun glass  :D the beach shots are  :o :o i never seen so realistic sea, just awesome, beautifull update  &hlp
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

penguin007

OH WOW!!! those beaches are perfect!!! Also the development also looks to be getting on very well

Will

BuildingUp

What I wouldn't give to just pull out a chair and relax on that white sandy beach. Amazing work on everything!  &apls

nedalezz

Replies

BuildingUp: Thanks! I didnt know whether the sandy beach and the water would go well together, but I think that it worked :)
penguin007: Cedar is growing! It seems development is also starting to sprout out of central Cedar as well as along Country Road.
planetechef: Thank you :) I wanted to give it a realistic feel, I hope I did well with the tree placement alongside the small cliffs.
canyonjumper: I am using something called the RVT Coastal Mod, which I think is a fantastic Mod. It pretty much lets you select what type of water you want with what type of coast you want, along with some other details. Give it a try!
Tomas Neto: Thank you for commenting, Im glad you liked it :)
art128: Hehe, Id love to join you, I could use some rays!
kwakelaar: Indeed, no airstrip yet :( Although the federal government has promised to fund the development of the airstrip, but nothing has been planned yet. Thanks for commenting :)
kimcar: Im happy it caught your eye! :)
kbieniu7: Thanks for commenting, very much appreciated :)
Battlecat: Yep, the diagonal roads are starting to make an appearance! As growth sprouts out of central Cedar, Im guessing we will see more and more of them in the future.
io_bg: Thank you!

And now for the before and after shots of the last two updates. Enjoy!

Connor