• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Exclusion in BAT4GMAX

Started by XiahouDun, June 23, 2010, 07:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiahouDun

Copying this from my development thread:

So I'm playing around in the BAT and having an issue with night lighting. I've set the lighting in this picture to exclude the grey rectangle, but at you can see its still being lit up. To clarify, I am using BAT4GMAX that was packed with BAT4MAX 4.5 (if that helps any). Its their something I'm missing? :-[
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

joelyboy911

If I recall correctly, the exclude/include function is broken for gmax. If you want to stop the light getting to it, you can make a plane, give it a texture that's completely transparent, and if 'Cast Shadows' is set, it will block light from hitting the grey box.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

XiahouDun

Thats a good tip that works in theory, but when I applied it to the model it didn't work out properly. I made the plane and give it a texture with an opacity of 0. And while it is blocking out the nightlighting, it is now blocking out the lighting from GMAX as well, so the wall behind it is being tinted darker.

I assume to get this to work how I want, I'll have to do the model in Max?
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)