• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheep49

Wow, just wow. That was awesome. I love the update. I can't tell what's grid here, and what isn't.

Keep up the suberb work! :thumbsup:
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Pat

David I just cant even express to say whats what anymore wow!!! Me of many words have ranned out of words for 3RR but other to say 123010 and off by 446 as of my post  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

PhilsCafe

Hey David! Wow, these curves look amazing. Mountain roads look so much more realistic with true curves and so do railroads of course. You're really changing Sc4 beyond recognition. It's great to see where this game has come to. Btw, I like the bridge attempt with the waterfall. A lot!

Take care!

- Phil

Simpson

This city is superb and so réalistic
Great work David  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

pvarcoe

Yep, that waterfall and bridge shot (the zoomed out one), is about as good as it gets.
It is getting to the point where, I much prefer building the countryside rather than the cities.
AMAZING stuff David.
Thanks and take care.
Phil

deathtopumpkins

I'd like to test 'em, David. Least I could do since they're so wonderful.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

dsrwhat316

This is gonna be sweet!  :thumbsup: It looks so perfect, and the FAR/FARR isn't bad, either  $%Grinno$%

As I mentioned in the Simtropolis thread, I'd love to test these; they'd look awesome in my MD!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Jmouse

I now have a proper testing ground and would be glad to work with the FAR pieces.

Later...
Joan

Haljackey

Quote from: dedgren on September 08, 2008, 11:30:50 AM

Anyway, the retextured stuff is in the hands of the NAM Associates, which is a group of folks set up to assist the NAM Team with developing and perfecting content.  They are free to post pics here in 3RR to let folks see what they come up with- we'd love to see them. 

Well you asked for it! :P

I have been using FAR a lot in my cities, as they provide an excellent alternative to the long road curves when space is lacking.  So far, I have not made any new rails, so I haven't used the FARR yet.

When placing the puzzle pieces, the piece actually floats a bit over the tile rather than being at ground level.  Its a little awkward because it doesn't line up, but you get used to it  ;)

Short 90 degree curve vs long 90 degree curve.

And now some FAR pics from my CJ/MD:

FAR curve vs two 45 degree road curves.
-Click me for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

FAR is used to join up a road misalignment in a new part of town.
-Click me for full resolution!

FAR used in a new park.
-Click me for full resolution!

Anyways I hope you enjoyed it! 

Since FAR/FARR is getting so popular, may I suggest a FAR/FARR development thread?

Best,
-Haljackey

sithlrd98

WOW

Are there any words left that haven't already been used to describe how wonderful this is?

Haljackey ...Good job on those pics! Just one more reason to keep droolin!

dragonshardz

I'll gladly be a tester of FAR/R!
I hate to say this but I actually lost the previous incarnation of FAR in the depths of my HDD.
~~Dragonshardz~~

metarvo

I would enjoy testing the FAR and FARR, David.  I feel like I'm ready for a project like this.  Of course, none of it would be possible without the genius who designed it, David.  :thumbsup: 
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

ben_meissner

Who needs buildings with roads like these. That waterfall is gorgeous. Perhaps a scenic overlook is in order?
I'd love to test these on my Mac if you need. I've got plenty of hills and mountain passes that I've been saving for this release.

Ben

dedgren

I've taken the night off...

...but see many here have not.  At about 9:20 p.m. Alaska Time (GMT -9), we lined 'em up in a way that we haven't seen for over 100,000 page views, and won't see again for more than another million.

You. Folks. Are. Amazing.

G'night!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

David, it can happen again in 111111 posts at 234567  ;)

and you deserve the rest.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

MandelSoft

123546 views at 11:57 GMT+1...  ;D

Love the FAR(R)! I hope it will be downloadable soon!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

emilin

The curves look amazing. &apls

On another note: Those last updates have made me change my mind about the Columbus terrain... I Always used to feel that it was a bit... well... bland, actually. But seeing it being used on such "bumpy" terrain like you just did, I can really see the advantages of not having to aggressive textures too. I still think it looks a bit strange on higher eleveation levels (such as you have shown us earlier on Mount Rayman, for instance...). where Pegasus old rock mods often look much more realistic (I prefer the brown lime stone myself).

Hopefully, in the future, somebody *cough*Ennedi?*cough* will be able to make a more versitile terrain mod that can combine the best of these respective features. ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

dedgren

As retexturing grows smaller in the rear view mirror, we'll return to signs and other ploppable stuff for a bit

Slowly but surely I am getting Matt's (threestooges) latest signs made into a set.

I'm writing a "plop stuff" tutorial tonight- is there anyone who would want to help me do the grunt work (now about 15-20 minutes worth per sign) required to crank these out?  I'd like to have everything I have right now (including the telephone poles) done by the coming weekend.  Let me know.

Off to work.  Later.

David

123700 - we had something close to 750 page views since this time yesterday, that's over 20,000 a month if sustained.  Whoa! -DE
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

art128

nice work on the sign next to the road  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog