• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

Quote from: JoeST on October 04, 2008, 04:41:09 PM
David: do you ever stop being amazing? :)

What is "no"?   :P

In all seriousness, the FAR/RR / WC stuff looks great.  Kudos to the testers for putting the goodies through their paces.

nerdly_dood

Great updates Dedgren! Looking forward to a Euro texture set :thumbsup:

@ SavageMuppet: You can use one of the 1-tile shift pieces in that paticular place. I think it's technically called an "S curve" but I'm not sure.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

dedgren

I got off track tonight,

so I thought I'd, er... switch directions...

...yeah, that's the ticket...

...switch directions.

Actually, I saw Dustin's (thundercrack83) great final WC/FAR/FARR pic and kept trying to mentally erase that horrible "game" switch.

Failing that, I think that these will do the job.

...frogs, I keep hearing frogs...

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Tarkus

The new rail switches look absolutely fantastic--I've been wanting those myself for quite some time.  But what's new here--everything here always looks fantastic!  The seasonal tree shots are amazing as well--the animated GIFs are worth the wait. 

-Alex

Haljackey

Sweet....  :D

The first pic looks like a RHW interchange (type C I think) where one RHW splits to two.  Who would have thought this could be applied to rails?  Sheer genius! 

Regarding the FAR testing, I have nothing new to report that's isn't already on the one I made for the alpha test.  If something does come up between now and Oct. 10, trust me, you'll know.

Best,
-Haljackey

Pat

David talk about off track there lol!!! Naw really sweet switching there!!! gezzzs I'm loaded with bad puns on tracks tonight lol

EDIT: In a response to Dustin post down below its simple.... He is Just David there is no other explanations needed for it lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

New switches would be great, David!

I don't know how you keep thinking of these things, my friend!

Dustin

EDITYou folks are actually coming up with all the inspiration, Dustin.  I just act on it to the extent of my abilities. -DE

threestooges

I think I know why you're hearing frogs all of a sudden David... because they were never done well on the game ones. Can't hear what wasn't there. Amazing work on those things, and I'll be happy to add them to my cities' lines.
-Matt

Jmouse

OK, that does it! Now I simply must learn to build rail systems even though I'm still struggling with highways, etc. Those photos look awesome, David, and I can only imagine how great the tracks will look in game!

Later...

Joan

JoeST

This is just getting out of hand... you need prescribing with

in all seriousness that looks too fantastic for words... and I lol'ed at all those train related puns

Joe

MOD EDIT: Fixed a typo in your image link - Fred
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

toxicpiano

Quote from: dedgren on October 04, 2008, 09:22:29 PM
I got off track tonight,

...switch directions.

Actually, I saw Dustin's (thundercrack83) great final WC/FAR/FARR pic and kept trying to mentally erase that horrible "game" switch.

Later.

David

That's pretty great :) Can you get signals to work or are they only for U drive it?

I'm currently building a FARR city, I'll see if I can make something of it in my fully free day  :)
Also, yay euro FARR!
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

sim-al2

Something to replace the horrible maxis switch? YES!!!

I assume your talking about the frogs that keep the trains from taking whole towns when they switch tracks... OOPPS!

(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Ennedi

@toxicpiano: these are perfect switches!  &apls
Not only visual aspect is very good, but they occupy a relatively small area - it is extremely important!
Edit: I'm an idiot, of course toxicpiano quoted David's pics  :D :D :D

@David - a question about Plopperizer:
Would it be possible to plop your way not only a single prop, but a group of them? A good example would be the streetlight pole + the lightcone  :)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bat

Nice test shots there of the FARR, Dustin!
Great work there on these new textures, dedgren! :thumbsup:

Nardo69

Quote from: dedgren on October 04, 2008, 09:22:29 PM
I got off track tonight,

...switch directions.

Later.

David

I would like to say something but that's rather difficult with jaws on the floor!

One step clother to a MSTS replacement I'd say :D

debutterfly

here are some of my pics from beta testing...

A piece that needs to be added to both FAR and FARR is a "FAR/FARR to orthagonal" piece. other than that the pieces are great.
I know that i don't have a lot of development around my pieces but I am recreating Indianapolis, IN and I want to use all of the award lots twice so i can have twice as many churches. Thus, you get to have two zoa by first using the cheat "you don't deserve it" and then by satisfying the requirements for that specific building. hence, no power=no growth.

dedgren

While I am on a roll (and making breakfast), I thought I'd add this switch to the mix.

That's the smallest one yet, and the curve leg of the switch connects to...

...you guessed it...

...the FARR straight segment.

The problem with doing these is that each one leads to my thinking about four or five more.

Like this one.  They will all need to be made into puzzle pieces and pathed, and that takes a bit...

...heh, Alex (Tarkus) and Jonathan (Warrior)...

...of effort.

I'm out with the boys this afternoon, so won't likely be back 'til this evening.  You never know, though.

Have a great Sunday, wherever you are!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ryan B.

David, this thread never ceases to amaze me.  Someone has an idea, and it spurs another idea, and another, and another, until something like this happens.

Great job to everyone involved in the various projects that make 3RR what it is . . . . totally awesome, and a pleasure to visit!

Enjoy your day with the boys, David.  I don't think we're going anywhere.

bat

Wonderful images from your beta testing, debutterfly! :thumbsup:

Nice work on the newest stuff there, dedgren! And looking forward to more... ;)

Swamper77

Quote from: toxicpiano on October 05, 2008, 03:06:40 AM
That's pretty great :) Can you get signals to work or are they only for U drive it?

While we can place signal props on the railroads via T21's, they will not be functional. Maxis did not provide code for working signals on the railroads. Sorry, but there is nothing we can do about this. :(

The best we can do is use timed props of signals and have them setup to change every so often to mimic a working signal.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!