• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Hey, David!

No takers yet, eh?

I have a suggestion: Perhaps opening a new thread dedicated to this project may help. There may be some people out there that don't frequent 3RR, but may want to help out with this. It may spark some interest!

Hope this helps!

Dustin

beebs

Ooh! Nice to see someone making diagonal runways, with intentions of releasing them to the public.  ;D Someone had made some a few years ago, and TJD used them in his City of Edmonton CJ for the City Center Airport, but he wasn't allowed to share them. Looking good here though!

bat

Another excellent work, david! :thumbsup:

freedo50

David, I would be more than happy to play around with these new textures for you, and I will have extra time on my hands from now as I've just finished school. I already have my own Texture IID range, so there are no problems there, please tell me  if you want my help and feel free to send me a link to the textures anytime you want - you might want to password-protect the zip if you don't want others getting hold of the raw textures.

Fred

dedgren

Fred, I'll get back to you in just a bit...

I think I have completed all the raw textures with this.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

bat

That is looking great, david! :thumbsup:

l.h.

Noice preview Dedgren. The farming in the 3RR looks strangely similar to my home area with the way the mile blocks are setup.

dedgren

We've started doing the hard work on the wide and diagonal runways- here's the ones that are under the knife as this is written.

We now have a separate thread going for this project here [linkie]. There's not a whole lot there yet, but at the speed this puppy is moving, well...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

Sweeeeeet david just sweet im loving it....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Quote from: patfirefghtr on May 27, 2007, 09:44:41 PM
Sweeeeeet david just sweet im loving it....

I second that! I can't wait to see how this turns out! Good luck to you all and a big "thank you" in advance for all your hard work!

bat

I also can agree with patfirefghtr! Can't wait for the end-version!

btw,
MY 1600th post!!!!!!!!

dedgren

Here's the remaining ortho pieces...

...well, maybe- it appears 3RRIA may have an offset ortho runway, so I might have to do that as well...

These are now uploaded and Fred (freedo50) and Ryan (filasimo) are working on them.  On to the diagonals!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

pilotdaryl

What are those runways--3D computer graphics?  NOPE--photoshopped graphics?  YES AND NOPE---what I've been waiting for a very long time--YES, YES, AND YES!!!  NOW WE'RE TALKING AIRPORTY... :thumbsup: &apls   &opr 3RR tower--I can't wait to take off on these!!!

dedgren

Here's tonight's uploads to the texture guys.

Long day, although I did go watch Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End with Heather at the end of it.  That Johnny Depp is some swishbuckler...

Off to bed.  The rest tomorrow!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

kwakelaar

Very impressive David, I can help admire your take on a MD. If what you want is not there you start making it.  &apls

bat

great looking new textures, david! &apls

pvarcoe

You know, this MD is starting to remind me of the American space program in the 60s and 70's.

In addition to the actual goal of building the region (btw, the MOAR, (mother of all regions)),

there are so many useful spinoffs and projects occuring.

Then throw in the tutorials, and you have something quite beyond the regular MD or CJ.

So....in conclusion... I love the evolution of this MD,

and can't wait for more.

Terrific stuff David!

BigSlark

David,

Have I said that I am amazed lately? Terrific stuff and keep the amazing work.

Still itching for SC4,
Cheers,
Kevin

dedgren

Just fabulous comments.  Thanks so much- we're almost there.

We're just a few days away from collaboration resuming with a bang, as brand new runways and...

...other things...

...should be ready to roll!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

TheTeaCat

Amazing work once again that I see before me.  &apls &apls

I don' know how you do it all so fast :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTc
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II