• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

~ Berlin in the roaring twenties ~

Started by peterycristi, September 05, 2010, 03:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreekMan

WOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome stuff!!!!

I love the old cars and trams in the first update! place some of your pics in the photo competition!
Recreation: San Diego County
Rebuilding America's Finest City!
Visit my MD today!

seraf

peterycristi

R E P L I E S

@DerChrischi: I'm sure your history lessons are much better! But I'm glad you like my MD ;)

@nbvc: thx!

@Terring7: Don't scare me ;)

@citymax: Thanks a lot

@GreekMan: Thanks for your kind words. Some of my pictures allready were in the picture competition ;)

@seraf: Thanks a lot! I hope i can count on your great kaiser-wilhelm-nationaldenkmal! It's a great modell so far. If you need some help with the texturing, please let me know.

~ Well guys, i modernized this MD a little ;). Some of the pictures of the done updates are now "interactive". That means, that by clicking them you'll see a historic picture of the same scene. Hope you enjoy! ~
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

Nikom

I loved those interactive pics, very original  &apls It's nice to see the ingame pictures, the real pictures, and little of the history of that place. Great work my friend  :thumbsup:

Girafe

Always cutting edge  :P

really good job, I like the historical explanations  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

peter007

nice update It is just about the same in my history books

penguin007

Nice updates there and I like the idea of the interactive updates!!

Will

sebes

&dance &dance &dance &dance &dance

Wow Wow Wow

Just read your MD from start, and what a great pictures you show, what a details... I love how you tell the story of this MD. I have a feeling where this MD will go eventually!

Dufte!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tomas Neto

DebussyMan

¡Me bajo el sombrero! Excelentes actualizaciones  ;D

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

kwakelaar

Again some delightful pictures although the theme is sinister enough.

Dantes

peterycristi your Berlin is very beautiful. Each scene is a beautiful moment. Thank you I can see such beautiful pictures.  :)

Icke____

Hello,

has saw this beautines for Sim City 4 the first time. This is really great what I see here, but where I can get them all?? I just found the Berliner Bauakademie from Kelis. Where is the rest? ()what() Please help or contact me via mail. You can also send me all the buildings to my mailadress.

ciao :thumbsup:

philipp-3108

just brilliant! can't wait for more.
i hope that you're thinkin about the potsdamer and leipzigeer platz  ;D ;D

peterycristi

R E P L I E S

@Nikom: I'm happy you like my MD and the interactions!

@Girafe: going on cutting some edges  :P

@peter007: Thanks for the kind words!

@penguin007: Thanks a lot!

@sebes: I'm glad you like my MD. Well, about where this is going to end... Ma kiecken!

@art123: Thx!

@Tomas Neto: Thank your very much for the kind words!

@DebussyMan: No, no! Yo me bajo el sombrero!  ;D

@kwakelaar: Thanks! Hope i didn't scare you that much :P

@Dantes: You're welcome. I hope i can give you many pictures more :)

@Icke____: I'm happy you like my MD. Well, most of the buildings can be found here on the LEX, others are my creations and mainly not published now.

@philipp-3108 If i'm thinking about Potsdamer and Leipziger Platz i'm getting scared!  $%Grinno$%

Update 5: "Gendarmenmarkt - The most beautifull place of the capital"

~Hey Guys! Here we are again! I listened about that Gendarmenmarkt should be the most beautifull place in Berlin. So I decided, that today I'll take you there and we'll have a look by ourselfs.~

CLICK ME!

~Look at these fantastic churches and the Schauspielhaus! On the left that should be the German Cathedral and on the right the French Cathedral. This is really impressive!~

~Here in my travel guide it says, that in the 17th century a lot of french hugenotts settled down in this area. King Frederick I. gave a piece of land to the lutheran and hugenott community to build their churches. But again is was Frederick the Great who gave the look of today to the plaza. From 1780 to 1785 two identic towers were added to the churches.~

~It's name Gendarmenmarkt got the plaza, because in the years from 1736 to 1773 there were located the stables of the Kurassierregiment "Gens d'armes". In the center of the plaza was built a new national theater by Carl Gotthard Langhans which burned down in 1817. The plans for the Schauspielhaus, which dominates the plaza until today, were made by Karl Friedrich Schinkel himself and the construction was finished in 1821.~

~Until 1888 every week there was a market on Gendarmenmarkt. Just later the plaza was greened up an got it's flower and plant ensembles.~

~It is also a important spot for the democratic movement in Germany. In 1847 a first sign of the upcoming revolution (1848) was the so called "Kartoffelrevolution" when some people demonstrated here because of rising food prices. The victims of the march revolution in 1848 were bared on the steps of the german cathedral. And from september 1848 the Prussian National Congress used the great hall of the Schauspielhaus for their reunions.~

~This is really a beautifull place, isn't it guys? Well, I hope you liked our trip of today and we'll see more of the city center soon. Take care!~

Special Thanks to Kelis who shared his Props and his modells for remodellation!
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

philipp3108

wallasey

kelis

Beautiful, Just Beautiful !! I like everything of this update, Great job with the update and also with the model.

Saludos compañero  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Girafe

hehe cutting the edge or the hedges for me :)

Speaking of hedge, the gardens (green parts) are batted they are not textures?

Really good job and I enjoy to see a mix between historical and sc4 pics  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *