• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

007's B.A.T.ing Room

Started by peter007, October 04, 2010, 03:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Graham

Looks good, just get a little dirty and your be on the spot. Keep it up. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

peter007

@Aaron Graham
Well I've add some dirt so we've lost that fluorescent colors. Thanks
@FrankU
I think you mean roof? Well if it is. You're totally right. It should be a triangular roof, but that was difficult because of the edges and it didn't fit to well so I decided to handle it in this way. Is it bad? No I don't think so
@Supremec
Thanks for the compliment

This is a new project. It's for the Dunya project. Nedalezz needed a market stall so I built one, but should I do it with white cloth or brown or maybe just both  :satisfied:

And this is the dirtier building. I made some chimneys and I think it's ready unless you say that I should add something to it. Also I need to add some nightlights, but I don't know exactly how maybe because I didn't thought about it yet ;)

Thanks to Simfox for finding the bug which kept me away from exporting buildings.

-Ernst

vester

Looks good.

You can save the images as jpg, clicking on the disk:

You could use gimp, Photoshop or another graphic program to edit the pictures, placing the four views of a building on one canvas/picture.

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

Getron

@peter007

Een echte Nederlandse Markt. Dat zou mooi zijn.  :P.

De gebouwen zien er mooi uit. Vraag: gaan ze ook die kleuren in het spel krijgen als die je nu op de afbeelding ziet? Het is dat het me niet echt kleuren zijn die je veel in de Nederlandse woningbouw ziet.

Getron

FrankU

Hi Ernst,

Indeed, the colors are not really Dutch. They remind me of Hungary, Autria and other countries where they use stucco on the facades.
And again: the roof of the yellow house looks really weird. I have never seen something like that.
Otherwise: a nice project.

kelis

That's true, the colors are not very Dutch but the model looks good...
I hope I can use that market very soon, I like it  ;)

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

peter007

Hey all

Holiday is over and I went to almost everything things were so nice in Germany, Luxemburg, France, Holland, Belgium. And Paris was also very beautiful with it's Eifel Tower and Louvre museum. Now I'm back into town. On 1 september I had a operation on my breast. It hurt a lot, but things are going better I started modelling again and created a lighthouse which isn't already finished. Also with the dutch buildings . . . eeh. Yes What should I do with them. I'm considering changing the colors but maybe it will look boring. Always better than looking odd, but it still got a feeling that minty green and fruity orange. I will take a look on those buildings soon I think.

@Vester, I just always put the renders besides each other, than make a printscreen. That's much faster, don't you think?

@FrankU, Haha that's funny. When I was in Luxemburg I saw similiar houses which means that they could go for the BNL project ;)

@supremec, Kelis, Getron & Buzzit, Thank you for your warm compliments. It is helping me recovering much faster  :thumbsup:

Ok this is my progress for the last two months

It would be good for Tropico 3 or 4  &Thk/( but not for SimCity Certainly not! It just doesn't have enough datails. What should I do? Maybe adding some ropes, bushes or lifejackets?

-Ernst

At least I had fun creating it, and that's what counts  :satisfied:

peter007

I kept working on the textures and maybe it is a little bit quick but I just want to show you my progress.
I think it's 10,000 times better  ;)

-Ernst

art128

Looks like a nice lighthouse, apart from the texture which is quite strange! :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

peter007

Replies

art128. Thank you, I know the texture is strange but I like it as it is. It was not made for simcity 4. Just a tiny project to get BATting again

I didn't went to school this month. I'm still reviving from my 1,5 week in hospital when I was operated on my breast. Sometimes it hurts a lot. So I have to search some distraction.
Then I made this.
It's an 1970's Gallery Flat in Goes
Getting maps, pictures and other stuff was easy, because my grandma & pa lives there.
I never thought that it would be that big.

I'm now waiting on floor plans & methods for the 0 & 1 floor.
So this project is going to be quiet for a while

-Ernst

FrankU

Looks good.
I hope you recover fine Ernst!

Getron

Ernst (peter007),

The look great and look really Dutch.

Have a fine and good recover.

Getron

Aaron Graham

The lighthouse is looking good and for the new building it looks like it off on a great start. :D Keep it up, peter007 I did not forget about you.
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

peter007

Replies;
Aaron Graham; Thank you Aaron, well I kept up ;)
Getron; Thanks Getron, someone on STEX thought it looked like a soviet building.
FrankU; Thanks my friend

I almost finished modelling, and started texturing a bit. The roof is therefore almost done. Gravel was difficult but I think it came out nice  :D

I only have to make the entrance a bit more attracting and the balconies have to get ''stuff''

-Ernst

FrankU

Quote from: peter007 on October 04, 2011, 09:21:40 AM
Getron; Thanks Getron, someone on STEX thought it looked like a soviet building.

Actually that is not as stupid as many would think. This style of architecture is called the International Style and is is the daughter of the Modernist style, which was quite international already. In this modernist style were lots of young revolutionary soviet architects invloved. This took place in the 1920ies when the Russian Revolution was young and optimistic.

So a lot of buildings all over the world have a similar apperance.

(quote form: FrankUs lessons in Achitecture)

Delecto

Nice model.  :thumbsup:
But, It seems you got a problem with the LightRig projecting in the wrong direction.  &mmm

noahclem

Really nice work here!  &apls  For the apartment block are you thinking something medium wealth or other? (not sure about your grandparents' wealth level  ;) )  SC4 could sure use more quality medium-wealth apartments, especially if the lighting turns out nice.

Those little dirty buildings look really nice too, as does the lighthouse and market.  :thumbsup:

peter007

Howdy folks. I'm overloaded with comments.
It makes me feel so famous!  &blush

so first some replies
noahclem; Well sure It will be R-$$. Just to make my grandparents rich  :D
Delecto; Thanks, I know it's wrong but what should I do? anyways I will start debugging de building when it's done  :satisfied:
FrankU; Thank you for the architecture lesson Frank. It was a good story. Maybe you can tell me something over the dutch rowhouses in 1970, because that will be my next project when I'm done with this one  :P

But now the update.
I finished the roof just as good and bad as it could. I think it came out very nice. But you know that's just my opinion  ;)

Oh yes and eeh. I found out that it's just one year ago that I started Batting.
So welcome to my first birthday party!!

Who wants a piece?

-Ernst