• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Aaron Graham's BATs

Started by Aaron Graham, February 28, 2011, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

kelis

This new building is really nice !! I can't wait to see how you manage with the glass textures, keep up the good work mate  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

deora

Wow,both ne buildings look already awesome.Can`t wait to see how you will make the glass facade.Just a little side question:Why are the watertanks on roofs of highrises always enclosed with walls and not "free standing" like on smaller and/or older buildings.

Aaron Graham

kelis- Thank you!!! :D

deora- Thank you, I do not know why New York City cover the water towers on the modern buildings. I would say that they are not attractive and with city with mostly tall buildings with water towers on the roof it would look to tacky and kill the skyline.

NYBT The Helena

Having a time with the building, trying to get the floor height right, so there will be some changes from this render to the next one.

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

c.p.

I like the sleek modern shape. :thumbsup:
I guess you'll have plenty of texturing work to keep you busy for a while :D

Aaron Graham

c.p.- I will be doing a lot of texturing. I need to get some buildings out of the way before I get overwhelm in building textures. :D

NYBT The Helena

A little more work on the building, I had to get the floor and the windows right before extruding polys, I think the next render will be something like a building and not a box shaped like the building.

The Start of my first brownstone

232 East 62 Street

This brownstone will be one of the first to have three brownstone on a lot of 1x2. :O

Google Map link:
https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.763174,-73.964601&spn=0.001371,0.00327&gl=us&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=40.76322,-73.964713&panoid=s8F2sS81Yuc5uRaaPcNv0w&cbp=12,185.58,,0,-25.88

deora

The Helena is coming out great.
As for the Brownstons:Hooraaay!I totally love Brownstones and i guess i already gobbled up all Brownstones i can find for SC4.
Will those Brownstones be Walkups (climbing up 8 to 10 stoops before entering the main door) or the nes with the Main Entrance below street level?
BTW,did someone else first thought that tree branch looked like a leg bone?

Aaron Graham

deora- Thank you, I hope to finished the brownstone when I put full attention to them. These brownstone will not be walk ups, i do plan to make some walk up brownstones in the future. In the google map like i did not think the tree branch was a leg bone, once I clicked on the link I saw the brownstones. :P

NYBT The Helena

Okay, I'm at the part of extruding the windows, the lass right now is a place holder, but the color should be like that for the building. I still have to model the metal objects that is place between the floors to hide the concrete floors.

Aaron Graham

NYBT The Helena

Still trying to get eh modeling ust right, I know the glass will be a callenge for me. So I ready for help when your ready. :D

c.p.

Hmmm, the reflection in the silver metal(?) cross-pieces is too strong, in my opinion.  Also, I'm not sure about the angle of the buildings/roofs in the reflection.  Something about it feels disorienting.
Otherwise, it's looking really, really good.  (For example, the color and reflectivity of the glass).

Also, I'm liking the little brownstone so far.  :thumbsup:  It looks like it could be about 1850's or 1860's vintage, which is the era I've been stuck in for a while in my own projects.  So I'm quite excited about this one &dance

noahclem

Great work with your recent projects Aaron  &apls  The glass work sounds tricky  ;)

Aaron Graham

c.p.- Thank you, the building is still going though some work.

noahclem- Thank you!!! :D

NYBT 25 E. 193 Street

Here's the first texture work this year I would say, I'm going to get some of the texture out of the way to prepare to export

c.p.

The walls and trim and fire escapes are looking great :thumbsup:
This will be (yet) another top-notch New York City building.

deora

What a beautiful building.I first wondered where the entrance might be but i guess they are hidden in the narrow sections between the walls.Also love those super detailed aforementioned fire escapes.
It will surely a great addition to the NYBT Collection... &apls

Aaron Graham

c.p.- Thank you!!! :D

deora- Thank you!!! :D

NYBT 25 E. 193 Street

Here's another update, next is to finish up the ac units in the windows add texture to the gate entrance at the side of the building, the night lights and the variation.

FrankU

This is obviously nog a building for my high-brow commercial areas!
Great work once again Aaron.  :thumbsup:

--- Edit ---

Let's go a bit more into detail....

The roof texture is beautiful and I like the run down greyish texture of the walls. All the other details, like the windows that are all just a tiny bit different in darkness, make the model come alive. Just wow.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Jack_wilds

&apls    great developments...

Aaron Graham

FrankU- Thank you, happy to knwo you like the details on the buidling. :D

Girafe- Thank you!!! :D

Jack_wilds- Thank you!!! :D

NYBT Tower 67 Apartments

Here's an update on Tower 67 Apartments, I have finally added the texture to the building, still need some modelingg work to be finished. I think next i'm going to get the roof textures and then work on the curtains some more, thework on the curtains is not finished on about 40 percent of the building.

Once I have finished that I think I can work on the details on the shops and then work on the plaza behind the building. One the plaza I need to make benches, trees, ect. I will need to add a drive way for the entance of the apartment and work on the drive wya that leads below the ground.