• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Totori

Started by Dantes, March 11, 2011, 05:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsocrates

The first tram stop I think might be a model that was created by Simfox, possibly as part of the RTMT project.

The covered pedestrian arcade is a Japanese creation I believe but I can't remember where I found it originally. I'll keep looking though

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

kelis

Hi my friend !! Good to see you back making updates again. I love the last updates, especially that one with those region views.

Check your mp box, there you can find some information about your last update.

and just one more thing, I think the big bus station is from somy's page  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Dantes

Yay, so many comments! Thank you !

Replies:
@Catalyst:Welcome to my MD! The wind turbines are decoration. Realistic wind energy was covering 20% of the energy demand of the region.I'm building very close. In addition, in the Machiya live 5-10 Sims more than in the other houses. If you missed a dependency check here:
http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=887&sid=762574c1b3c1badd69fc00f8c4323389
Tunnel & Walls is in the puplic health theme.
@art128: *brother-hug* Thanks a lot for your help. I have now received support from Kelis-sama. In addition, so many researches.Thanks a lot for your help. I recently accidentally the TV series South Park saw. Craig x Tweek  Yaoi! *bwahaharharhar*
Today's update is you especially like. *thehe*
@romualdillo: Thank you for your comment. I am glad if you like the pictures! *romualdillo-hug*
@belfastsocrates: You have helped me a lot! Simfox has actually built to a tram stop. Unfortunately, there are problems with the RTMT project in my region. For this purpose, I will tell later.
Thank you much to watch,comment & help!
@kelis: Thank youuuuu my friend !

Update: Elevated railway with Station

I had experimented walls some time ago with Nekos Railway Walls. Unfortunately, so far lacked an appropriate station.
Now I happen to have found a station.

2. Yeah...

4. ...this look well

6. Awesome Night lights!

7.After a long and hard day's work you ride the train home.

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.

compdude787

Wow, I really like the elevated train track on an embankment! Looks awesome!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

romualdillo

Great pictures Dantes!!! It seems they could be telling a story... When the rail line was built , the old houses were torn down to make space to progress. Then, after some years, the line was raised and the open space left used to build new homes...

art128

This is some nice work with the elevated railway line. It looks very Japanese. I like the station but I have no idea where you found it....
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

feyss

Nice pictures. This railway line fits perfectly between the houses.  :thumbsup:

manga rivotra

Lovely busy towns scene ! I really like the density here and the global atmosphere  &apls &apls &apls

Dantes

Thank you to comment!

Replies:
@compdude787: Thank you much
@romualdillo:That what you said, I had imagined that. I am pleased if a thought is understandable. *hug*
@art128: Otōto-chan! *hug-hug-hug* I have written you an email where I found the station. I will soon publish another list of websites with Japanese stuff for Simcity.
@feyss:Thank youuuu.
@manga rivotra:What do you mean by global atmosphere? I think today's update will like. You can see how I've compressed the urban area.

Update: Increase residential density.

I play on twelve midsize cards, of which ten cards are suitable for settlement. User Catalyst ask: How did you get the extra 150'000 people into your region? It seemed pretty full already with 99.317 people so I guess you increased density?

Well... 

...Today, more than 250,000 citizens living in the region Totori.

How did I manage that? I'm building very close. In addition, in the Machiya live 5-10 Sims more than in the other houses. -And I use W2W. Machiya is awesome. Perfect W2W with light to all citizen, earthquake proof, efficient use of space, ideal use throughout the seasons.

I'm building now in a closed residential density. I have almost no skyscrapers. There are few public green spaces. I also use a grid to build. In each district individually, but standardized in the region.

I like a high residential density without skyscrapers - For example, Kyoto or ancient Rome with approximate same height.

Old Roma

1.before

2.after

3.before

4.after

5.before

6.after

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.

compdude787

Looks nice, but what would help a lot is if you increased the resolution of your pictures so we could see more detail.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

art128

So this is your secret how you managed to raise the population... Nice! I like the machiyas buildings and your new development with them is certainly nice!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Wow, more than doubling the population just by increasing the density... oh dear, so what is the population density index for Totori then? Don't squeeze your sims up too much! :D

And I agree, the similiar-size quartes of w2w's are great! I try the same - to build a quite flat sea-like centres :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

romualdillo

I can see the effectiveness of your "Machiyas for Everyone" plan...  :D

Themistokles

It is really interesting too see before after pictures, it does give a feel of how the region is developing. I also like low but dense. People seem to have created much better city environments before steel and cars were invented :D We ought to learn from them!
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

noahclem

That's some impressive population density for buildings of that height! Nice before and afters  :thumbsup:

kelis

Still in love with your region. I think you're doing a great job trying to modernize your region. Can't wait to see more update, I enjoy alot watching your pictures.

:thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Chandraway

jeez, man, yours districts in your region are absolute amazing. &apls But to the point. I need your help...I am little frustrated because can't find this beauty...the modern train station in downtown. Please, can you tell me the name of station or give me link or is it a some kind of your unreleased masterpiece?  ;) thx http://postimg.org/image/ebezwry6n/

Nanami

Nice work on the region so far! 250k with machiyas is really nice... its like having the edo-period city and less industrialized area of the country.... anyway can't wait how you deal with machiyas furthermore....

Vizoria

Great work with the Japanese towns, you have a real knack for making the most out of Japanese themed road mods.

belfastsocrates

Excellent set of updates. I admire you attention to details and it really pays off. Lovely work!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde