• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Med Inspirations #52 - Kinbasket Old Mine (2) - April 15

Started by Ol.S / Benoit, May 15, 2011, 01:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

bat

nas-t

threestooges

Very nice work with that update. I particularly like the waterway going through the area. Far too often in the game it's easy to turn something like that into a linear channel. You must spend some time around rivers; your have a natural feeling weave to them. Nice work.
-Matt

Schulmanator

Excellent! Delightful rural areas. I am impressed!  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Dantes

Perfect Agricultural use.  :thumbsup: It looks very good. I'm very impressed.  :o I liked the way the trees as the farmhouses.  &apls &apls &apls

Rhinocero

Wonderfull pictures and farming scenes!! Bravo  &apls

ps: can you please tell where to get the prop of the tree planter in your Med Marina lots?

Thanks so much

vortext

Gorgeous scenes!!  &apls  &apls

What I've been wondering for some time now; how do you make the clouds / atmosphere in your pictures?
I really like it, in this update as well as earlier posts (the french riveria and station update for example) but when I try something similar myself it usually ends up looking very awkward (not to say horrible  ::)).
Any pointers?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Ol.S / Benoit

Replies

Simcoug : Thank you ! :)
Swordmaster : Thanks Willy ! That's right, but I think it's possible if the truck goes off-road a bit. Sometimes truck drivers are having a hard time in rural areas ! :)
noahclem : Thanks a lot ! :)
Framly : Thank you :)
Mr.Lin : Thanks ! :)
ThomasK : Thanks a lot Thomas ! I'll be back with more growing action in the future ! About the quality of the JPG, try the "Sharpen" tool in Photoshop ! :)
Girafe : Thanks you sir ! :)
bat : Thanks a lot ! :)
nas-t : Thanks !
threestooges : Thank you Matt ! I do like to work on rivers :)
Schulmanator : Thanks a lot !
Dantes : Thank you !
Rhinocero : Thanks a lot ! This prop is from ITS, see the link below ! :)
vortext : Thank you ! About the cloud effects : Most of the time, cloud brushes are seen from earth, but we want clouds / mist / fog brushes as if they were seen from the sky. Also, the picture in SC4 is not taken so far from the "earth", so we should not be able to see the entire shape of a cloud, make it foggy ! Look on the internet for nice brushes ! Then, color it white/grey and make sure the opacity is very low, 20% to 40%.

Marina dependencies

Just to help you, if you are interested, and also because I forgot to tell you what blank building I used for the marina, here are the dependencies for the Marina set I uploaded ! First time I do that, wow ! ^^

Here the download link for the Marina set if you missed it ! :)
http://www.2shared.com/file/6DMO0nMC/MedMarina-ST.html
.Desc files for models as props are included.

Dependencies :

Blank building : (You must have it to avoid brown boxes)
Glenni SportsHall

Props : (If some are missing, the props will just not appear, no brown boxes)
- Cars. VIP teams props. You must have the MMPs but maybe not the props !
Car Props
- Peg Docks.
1 2 3
- WMP props & textures. Long list, can't remember which prop packs are used, but WMP props are all nice !
WMP Props
- Lighthouse. Maxis Lighthouse. Make sure you have the official patch.
bldgprop 1 & 2
- Big Yacht. Namoa from CSX (Colyn). Not sure where to find it but probably in a prop pack by colyn ! (SC4Devotion)
- C.P. trees :
CP trees
- Mattb325 trees & statues :
Mattb325 trees & statues
- CAL Boats
1 2
- ITS props
ITS props
- Swi21 props
Swi21 props
- Peg Boats
Peg Boats
- Namspopof props
1 2 3 4
- R6 props
1 2 3

Now you just have to wait for Youcef models and for Namspopof prop pack 3 for the tower.
If you just want to use the "base set", you'll need Namspopof, ITS and WMP props.

Have fun !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

nbvc

Kergelen

Incredible pictures! &apls

Details, MMPing,, Lotediting, ideas, photoshoping,... all is amazing.

Links to SC4 websites

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Navox

Fantastic work! &apls Would you mind sharing the water mod you're using (In the Rivieria - St. Tropez pictures)?
Thanks!  :thumbsup:

rambuckel

I've just watched all those brilliant pictures I've missed during summer ... Great work! The marina is brilliant as well!

Theresa
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

rooker1

November is SC4Devotion's 6th anniversary and what better way to celebrate than a super special month in the OSITM section!!

I'm pretty sure everyone is as amazed as I am everytime we visit this MD with the incredible high level of detail and realism.  I'm positive we'll have a super month following this MD!

Congrats from The SC4D Staf!!
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

It's truly spectacular work that you do around here and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you'll be publishing this month. Congratulations on your OSITM  :party:

Swordmaster

Yes, I fully concur. This is a landmark MD highlighted in a landmark month!

Cheers
Willy

art128

hehe, Congrats Benoit! Your outstanding work these past months has really been fantastic, no wonder why you are here!  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

nas-t

This isn't surprising at all. This is one of the most inspiring MD here, I think. Well deserved!  :thumbsup:

weixc812

Yeah, this one difinitely deserves a place in OSITM
You have brought us so many surprises, Benoit  ;D
Congrats  &apls  &apls
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here