• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Derry

My condolences  to you and your family at this sad time, I still remember as if it was yesterday my own father's death and that was over a decade ago.

Take care of yourself

Cathy
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

tooheys

Derry, that is indeed sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Dave

kimcar

Sorry to read that mate. My condolences to you and your family and be carefull.

Nexis4Jersey

Sorry to hear that Derry , be strong through this sad time in your life and remember all the good times you had with him.

~Corey

rooker1

Hello Everyone,

Since Derry may not be around for some time while he deals with real life, I thought I would take over his great MD and do a little "Memory Lane" type tribute for my very good friend, Derry!
Let me start by telling you all this....I just spent a few hours making this post and I started from the begining of Derry's MD......what an absolute pleasure it was to reread the entire thing.  I recommend everyone else go over it again as well. 

Right from the begining one could tell that this was an MD that would be great and definately be worth watching.  I may make jokes about people not updating thier MD regularly, but when Derry didn't, I really did miss it as I am sure many others did as well.

The very first post starts out with an amazing picture that really caught my eye.  Just look at this!

Incredible....right? 

Than the history lesson starts, we get a story mixed in with the real life pictures, newspapers, magizine articles, lots of pictures and even the odd mosaic.....and all of it workes together fabulously.  Along with all that Derry always takes the time to respond to everyone's post with depth and with some qurkiness, which is one of the main reasons I like him so much.  I am never sure what type of pictures he will use.
Just some funny ones I found.

His terraforming skills are next to all the other greats anyone can ever think of.

Everyone should give this a try to see just how difficult it really is.  I for one have never been able to do something like that and make it look realistic.

On June 1st 2007 Derry's Md is inducted into Of Special Interest of the Month.  A truly deserved move and just in a few short weeks of just starting his MD.  Of course it's not really a surprise....at least not to me.  And this is not his last or only time in this prestigious category.  Derry and his MD are also inducted April 01, 2008 for the second time!

Derry's second time in OSITM!

Some of my favourite pictures....

He has even made some very interesting videos.
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9929/regionflashss2.swf

Some more favourite pics....

I like this one so much because it just looks so realistic.

Ahhhh....a dirty industrial pic.

Incredible model to start and perfectly placed!!
Day

Night

And than Derry started doing more farming communities.  I think he finally found his niche, either that or I just love them.

Derry has even done plop water experiments, Just check out this LINKIE!
~End result~

He can even use LE....

Derry's Md will now live forever in the MD HoF, exactly where it belongs.

Derry my friend, it was a pleasure doing this for you.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did preparing it and remembering everything you have accomplished and been through.  You have a lot of friends here and you can definately count me in as one of your best!  I am positive things will look up soon enough for you and when it does we will all be here waiting for you.

Robin  :thumbsup:

Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Robin a most fitting tribute to the most wonderful man we call Derry our friendly TeaCat!!!!  You have selected my favorite pics as well and couldnt have done a better update!!!!

Derry we'll always be here for you man!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sebes

Derry , am terribly sorry to read about your loss - my condolances to you and your family, my friend. My thoughts are with you, and yes: please keep the kettle boiling  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

TheTeaCat

Thank you all for your kind words.

Richard, my Father passed away peacefully with a smile on his face, a tear in his eye and loved ones at his side.
Now happily reunited with Finola my Mother and Peter my Brother may they rest in peace.

He was the kindest and most gentle man you could meet. A devoted husband of 33 years and loving father.
A deeply religious man who always tried to see the good in people. He never raised his voice, lost his temper
or raised a fist no matter how much I tested him. I shall miss his wisdom advice and help.

Thank you all once again for your words of comfort.

regards
Derry

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

I said it before and I will say it again Derry your amongst friends here!!!  If you need anything let me know OK....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mattb325

Derry - I'm sorry to learn of your father's passing. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

TheTeaCat

Thank you all for your very kind words.
I'm doing ok have my good days and bad ones but hanging on in there :thumbsup:

Personal replies are as David likes to say ........imminent ::)

Somethings coming but it may be a while so I thought I'd tease you a bit:)

Stay Tuned

:satisfied:
TTC

Robin - Thanks so much. :thumbsup:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

rooker1

Hey Derry,
Good to hear you are doing okay.
Nice looking teaser pic.  I see some interesting things in that pic.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Oooo Derry the Cats Craddle Stadium is looking grand there!! You got my attention for sure and I will be staying tuned...

KoV Liberty

Your welcome. And I will surely be watching this MD!  ;D

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Jmouse

And an interesting teaser it is! That is an absolutely awesome BAT, and to surround it with what appears to be a lighted EL track is just - well, can't wait to see more!

Later...
Joan

art128

That's a pretty nice picture there Derry, nice use of the elevated (maybe japanese) rail, it fit great with that stadium.
Looking forward to more (and maybe a day pic od that !
Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Fantastic night shot of that stadium! Looking forward to more...

Gaston

I'm hopeing that is gonna be a rugby stadium.    My cat loves to sit and watch rugby.     I think she thinks it is a bunch of cats playing with a toy mouse.     :D     Almost every time I get to watch a match on TV, immediately afterwards she will start batting the toy mouse around the house.     But, not till the game is over.   BTW, incase ya'll don't recall my cat's name it is "Honey Bunches of Cat" or Honey for short.    Hope your day is a good one, my friend.

---Gaston

edit:  Honey says "Meow" to you Derry.   She says you'll understand.    ;)
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Tomas Neto