• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Alba Ceann mu Dheas - Update - January 26th 2014

Started by rambuckel, October 01, 2011, 11:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knapp

Congratulations to be OSITM this month! You really deserved it. This MD is one of my favourites.  &apls
aka "Der Gammler" on simforum.de and STEX

bat

Looking forward to more in this special month... ;)
Congrats on the OSITM-award in Dec '11. :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Congratulations on being selected for OSITM!   &apls &apls &apls

I love the details in your latest update!

noahclem

Congratulations on your OSITM!  &hlp

You have a fantastic MD  :thumbsup:

rambuckel

First of all: I feel very honored to see my MD in the OSITM-Section. Thanks to the SC4-Team for choosing "Alba"!  :)

@chester, bat, Kergelen, Framly, noahclem, Dantes,  Swordmaster, knapp, Battlecat: Thanks a lot! I'm happy you liked my ideas  :)
@Benoit: You might well be right that the middle could bear some more dirt ... I'll sure have your suggestion in mind for my next projects  :)

Okay ... as this is my first "special" update it's probably time to show you why Alba has this certain focus on horse scenes:

This is me:

And those are the ears of "Erbprinz":

And now welcome back to Alba:

This time we are in the part of Ayr that's situated in the district of Ayr.

First Kevin and Finola pass the ferryport of Ayr.

Tot he west there is the city centre with the church....

... and some shops.

__

A little bit farther north beyond the A77 to Kilmarnock we travel to the distillery. This is not the kind of distillery that produces fine and individual Whisky. In this one they produce cheap hooch.

From Ayr we travel southwest directing to Turnberry which is a small unimpressive place between Turnberry Castle and ...

... Crossraguel Abbey.

__

In this place they have a small faculty for veterinary medicine.

__

__

The students can prevent boredom on the surrounding grounds by doing sports.

The place has a very idyllic lighthouse ...

__

... and an idyllic beach.

Turnberry itself – as already said – is very unimpressive. But that's probably what provides the attraction ;) 

__

__

East of Turnberry there is Dalquharran Castle. A medieval castle that's still in very good condition and which is a good place for markets.

__

__

__

Slàn leat!
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Skimbo

Congrats for OSITM and very nice update!
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

carlfatal

Congrats for a well deserved OSITM award!  &apls &apls &apls
Now You see: it was a good decision to show Your wonderful pictures here on SC4D too!  :P
And as well as i know them from the SF i only can say: i love to see them here again, especially this picture where we all can see Chrischi peeing against the wall of a church...  $%#Ninj2
Greetz, Carl

art128

Congrats on a well deserved OSITM. Some very interesting and impressive work here lately.

This last update was excellent, I really loved the fortified castle. But what I liked the most was the beach near the lighthouse, very well done.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Nice to put a face to the name.
The light house setup looks great, I really like the break wall idea.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

rambuckel

@skimbo, art, rooker: Thank you very much!

@carl: Yes, you are right, it was a good idea. Thank you very much!

Travelling on we will finish the journey through the eastern part of Ayr today.

Here's a little overview:

From Dalquarran Castle we follow the dirt track ...

__

__

__

... to Tormitchell.

__

__

__

__

Over Currane ...

__

__

... we travel to Dalquhaim.

__

__

__

That's where the farm Laogh Fasgadh is located. A legend tells, that once in the past a group of settlers found a group of young cows on the edge of the little river. They weren't shy and followed the settlers. After a long journey full of privations the settlers drew hope from this incidence and settled along the small river.

"Helen was the daughter of a small farmer in a place called
Dalquhaim, in the parish of Irongray ; where, after the death
of her father, she continued, with the unassuming piety of a
Scottish peasant, to support her mother by her own unremitted
labour and provisions ; a case so common that I am
proud to say, few of my countrywomen would shrink from the
duty."

From: Sir Walter Scott's Waverley, The Heart of Midlothian
Quoted from http://www.archive.org/stream/cu31924064993367/cu31924064993367_djvu.txt

__

__

We'll come back to Ayr!

Slàn leat!

nbvc

Great update. I like the rail bridge. Is the water already released for download somewhere?

ivo_su

Wow authentic and complex performance is stremetsat you to recreate the ancient architecture  and almost medieval infrastructure. I like how the final touches to try everything  to the smallest detail.  Really complicated, very complex task.

- Ivo

Kergelen

Congratulations on the OSITM! Well deserved!

As always very original an unique updates! I like the lighthouse pictures and the market in the castle &apls

Links to SC4 websites

rooker1

An awesome update indeed!
I love how you used jeronij's culvert under the train bridge.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Nice rural town there! And great work on the river!!! :)

noahclem

Phenomenal updates so far!  &apls &apls

Your rural scenes are especially amazing! I'm a bit jealous of you being able to use that ploppable water already  $%Grinno$%

Keep up the great work!

rambuckel

Welcome back to ...

... and the eastern part of Ayr where the racing track is located.

@nbvc: No, that water is not available anywhere except on my hard drive. It's the results of some experiments because I was not satisfied with the available waters. ;)

@ivo_su, kergelen, rooker, bat, noah: Thanks very much for commenting. :)

__

We turn north directing towards High Street following the A77.

__

__

__

On the other side oft he water there is an old defence tower – presumably the remains of a lost fortification. But that's been long ago.

The tower is located next to the racing track. Here's the veterinary.

Turning south we pass this little neighborhood. 

And some more pictures of the racing track. There is a massive publicity campaign at the moment.

__

__

__

__

We follow the A77 over the bridge ...

... passing a small potatoe farm ...

... turning west behind the next farm ...

... towards Dundonald Castle.

___

Slàn leat!

Dantes

I like your rural town. The gentle Kurfer is set in very nice scene.  :o I would love to vacation there.   :P The race also looks fantastic.  &apls  &apls  &apls

carlfatal

Hi rambuckel,
i love the first picture, this little place in front of the station with a pedestrian underpass and this diagonal building, it´s stunning!  &apls
also this old tower in the park is...  :o
i´m addicted, what else should i say?  ;)
Greetz, Carl

Badsim

Hello Theresa ,  :)

What a nice MD you've there ... who do we have to thank for having been persuasive enough to convince you to present your MD at Devotion , Carl ? Hendrik ?  ;D  :thumbsup:
Well , I'm following Alba Ceann mu Dheas  at Simforum.de since July , as your updates aren't the same here ( and I prefer Simforum's version  , where there's  a lot more to see !  $%#Ninj2 ) ...

I'm most of all impressed by details which are your own props , always so original and lovely ( they're numerous but like , recently , these guys tilted on the engine of their car to repair it ...  ::) ) . They don't only add life or realism , but some poetry too . I'm truly won , hooked and admiring !  :)

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °