• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pense; Quite Some Time Has Passed

Started by WannGLondon, January 16, 2012, 08:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

They are all great parks, I especially like the one by the Callinger Communication Tower as for

QuoteAnd of course, could not leave you all without a region view. I do not believe much has changed, but I believe it is part of my update policy now to not leave you all without a region view.

:thumbsup:

Your region views are icing on the cake ... its a great cake anyway, but the region view just   ()stsfd()

It sounds like a great trip ... see you on your return

Cathy

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Kergelen

Nice city and parks.

And amazing region shoot as always. You are developing the region very fast &apls

Have a nice trip! And enjoy all the cities you visit :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

rooker1

Here is a fantastic MD that has found it's way into the spotlight of OSITM!!

Congrats from The Staff anf myself!! &apls &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Kergelen

Congrats! &apls

Hope to see more development and great region shoots.

Links to SC4 websites

cmdp123789

WOW! nice update... hope you really enjoy your trip!! I really dont have any different words to say... you know, your work always delivers buddy... So... all I can say is keep it up, and please dont you dare to play simcity on the trip  ???

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Congratulations! Hope the Mediterranean is bringing you all the best and look forward to hearing from you here soon  :thumbsup:

benedict

Congratulations on being selected for OSITM, and congratulations for being number one on BTT for the week ending June 21st.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

vortext

Hey we're both OSITM buddy!  ;D Hope you have a great vacation and be back soon for another round of updates!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Battlecat

Congratulations on being selected for OSITM!   &apls &apls

Lovely work, looking forward to seeing what's coming next!

WannGLondon

Well hey there everyone. Great to be back to the community! I have missed you all and look forward to checking out updates. I am pleased to see that I am now on OSITM and I was a number one MD on Ben's Top Ten. Maybe I should go away more often  ;). Anyway, the Mediterranean was absolutely awesome, so much history making my hometown of LA looking like a newborn baby. Barcelona, Rome and Istanbul were especially inspiring. For my European natives here in the community, I am very jealous of your beautiful cities. Overall, all the history and touristy places I have seen have inspired me to incorporate more tourist areas in Pense. Well, an update will be coming soon. I am hoping to have an exciting month of July with cool updates.  :thumbsup:
Call me Warren.

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

vortext

Good to hear you had a fun trip. Looking forward to sightseeing in Pense  ;)
time flies like a bird

WannGLondon

Thanks Cathy and Vortext  :)

Another update.

Pense is a very exciting city. It contains a lot of historical buildings along with beautiful parks, squares and people. Its culture is second to none, with ethnicities from all around the globe residing here, (an Indian area update to come later  ;) ). Pense is also one of the most visited cities around the world and travelling here is a piece a cake. With abundant public transportation, a tourist should not have any problem navigating throughout the city.

This is the first of a series of updates about travelling to Pense. This update will specialize in getting to Pense, while the other updates will focus on Pense's most popular sites. Come visit!

If you are not a regional traveller, you will likely arrive at the expansive Callomine Int'l Airport, located about an hours drive from the Central Area. It has many terminals and gates, and is also a hub for many airlines. From the airport you can catch a bus, or the subway and take it into the city. The subway is cheaper than a bus, but unfortunately you may not be able to see all the sites on your way into the city like a bus would offer.

A ten minute walk, or a two minute shuttle ride from Callomine Int'l you can make your way to Farbank Terminal Station. This rail station provides a quick express service to Tower Railway Station located in the central area. It is the most popular way to travel into the central area for tourists. The express trains can take you into the city in 30 minutes along with great views along the way.

If one is a business traveller, just a short walk from the airport are many hotels, if you prefer to be away from the central area.

To central area from Callomine average fares:
By taxi: 45 dollars
Bus: 1.50 dollars (but makes many stops)
Subway: 3 dollars for a one-trip pass
Highway: Free, but beware of traffic, and highway will not take you all the way into the central area
By Tower-Farbank Express train: 15 dollars for 2 people
Water Ferry: 30 dollars for 4 people, but takes a long time

Now if may be afraid of flying, or are just simply a land traveller, these railway stations will benefit you.

Starting in the west corner of the central area is Canton-Westhill Terminus. This terminus is most beneficial to people arriving from western parts of the city or just plain westerly areas by land. It is literally across the street from eclectic Canton and its different galleries and hotels.

Moving northeast, here is St. George Station. This terminus is one of the oldest stations in Pense and probably its most grand. Royals tend to arrive to Pense from here and it is only a five minute ride on the subway to the business district and Bank Court. It is the main terminus for northern travellers.

Moving to the east of the central area is the famed Tower Cross Terminus. This is the oldest railway station in Pense, and is the final station for the Tower-Farbank Express from Callomine Int'l Airport. It is a 15 minute cab ride into the business district from here, but most travellers take the subway from here. My only warning for travellers that arrive here is watch out, because there are many commuters that arrive here so foot traffic is heavy and the station is crowded at all times of the day, which attract pick pockets.

Moving into the business district is the Eastland Grand and Pense Central Terminus. These stations are very popular with locals, but are frequently used by wealthy tourists wanting to be closer to upscale hotels. These stations are less crowded than Tower Cross, especially on weekends. Taxis are abundant outside the doors of each station, but taxi drivers tend to charge much more when travelling from here, because of the amount of traffic that is located in the surrounding area.

South of the river and the business district is the famous Cross Haven Terminus. Cross Haven is a frequent of tourists and of southern Pensites. Like Tower Cross, it does have many commuters travelling from here, so beware of crowds. The surrounding neighborhood is rich with history, but it is advised that you do not arrive at this station at night, muggings have been reported by many tourists here at night. (Not meant to detract you from travelling to Pense, just being honest).

These are some railway tracks leading toward Cross Haven, coming from the south, west and east. These tracks slice through some beautiful neighborhoods.

Lastly, you may travel by ferry up the mighty LaRoujse River all the way from Callomine into the central area and beyond.

Now this may not be a region view per say, but here is just a quick shot of the central area's transportation map.

Hope I see you all back for Part II. As always, please leaves comments or criticism below.

*Paid for by the Pense Chamber of Commerce  ;)
Call me Warren.

cmdp123789

You know, I really like the update... and Im happy to see you around again. I see that this update has a more turistical, yet inner city pics... Now, I was amazed by the amount of progress made on Pense... congratulations!!

BUT! there is something that really caught my eye... and I hope you take it as constructive criticism... how come there is no highway parallel to the river in the downtown area?? I mean, there are a lot of bridges... but what if people travel "around" the north side? there is no highway or avenue... I know this is no London recreation, but since you are basing Pense on it... well I thought you would make something fairly similar along the river bend :-[

Oh well... that just me on criticism... I really enjoy our conversations... and commenting on your MD... by the way... CONGRATS ON OSITM!!! :thumbsup:

RickD

Great stations. And the rail viaducts in between the rowhouses look cool.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

wallasey

Great views, loving the squares and stations.

I like the rail viaducts surrounding the old gasometer, reminds me of Armley in Leeds.

Well deserved OSITM

noahclem

Nice update  &apls

Airport, tracks, stations, and map look really nice.

Is taking the motorway really "free" though? An investigation into the costs of owning and fueling a car (not to mention insuring and maintaining) in London might be in order--not to mention a congestion zone fee if Pense replicates the real-world city  ;D

vortext

Great update. I really like how you're creating distinct neighbourhoods, as well as how the central area is taking shape. Could use more high rise though  ;)

And why would the transportation map not count as a region view?! Of course it does!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird

kelis

I really love this update my friend !! I like so much those train stations and the airport and how they are connected.
Great job once again my friend !!

&apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||