• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version June 2007

Started by Andreas, June 01, 2007, 03:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

Ok, I got around to testing out all of the new things last night, and found one thing that wasn't working right.  When I was in the Avenue Puzzle Pieces area (the section with the Avenue Roundabout), I saw that there is a Avenue-Road Interchange.  HOWEVER, when I look @ the preview image of it, it shows up as the GHW-Road interchange until I plop it.  Just thought I would let you guys know about that encase it can be fixed.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Andreas

Well, that particular interchange has been around since a few NAM versions (buried in the Avenue Overpass Puzzle Piece TAB cycle, I think), but was never really finished, because of the lack of talented artists who can create interchange models. We know that the preview is wrong, and that the avenue doesn't align very well with the onramps, but there is no better one so far.
Andreas

wouanagaine

I have updated Cleanitol on the LEX to fix the bug when running the NAM Cleanitol file
Sorry for the inconvenience

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Danthe

Thanks Andreas  &apls New NAM it's fantactic (new GLR inside alley particulary ;D )
But, I have a problem with eurotextures on road. After instalation, the white lines and zebras are on part of cross and yellows are on others (as in original). When I builid new road cross lines are yellow. I don't change mods on erotextures (I have @frimi's mod). If is he compatibile with new NAM?

callagrafx

I expect that, if it is of NAM quality and does not conflict (and you actually finish it), there is no reason why the NAM team would not consider adding it to future releases...No-one but you knows what this modifies (RHW?) and if so is it compatible with the rest of the World or just us left hand drivers?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

meldolion

WOW, It's a birthday present for me to!!! Can't wait to  try it :D

A big Thanks to all the NAM team!!

memo

Quote from: mightygoose on June 03, 2007, 04:13:37 PM
when using two highway onlsope t pieces with one elevated highway tile in between... this happens...
any ideas fellas?

Try to redrag the elevated highway. If you still aren't able to fix it, rebuild the highway onslope puzzle pieces. When connecting the two, try to move the mouse a bit until the preview shows up correctly. If in doubt, just experiment, sometimes it's a bit tricky. ;)

mightygoose

i tried all of the above memo, before i posted, the piece does infact preview correctly.... its only after the drag connection is made that the turningpiece is displayed.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

rooker1

I just wanted to pop in here and give a big thanks to everyone who has contributed to the NEW NAM. 
I have played all weekend and have no problems!  Everything works just great.

Thanks Again
Robin  :thumbsup:

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
Call me Robin, please.

memo

Quote from: mightygoose on June 04, 2007, 04:23:17 AM
i tried all of the above memo, before i posted, the piece does infact preview correctly.... its only after the drag connection is made that the turningpiece is displayed.
Though I am able to connect it properly. You could also try to build the elevated highway first (three tiles) and plop the puzzle pieces afterwards.

Andreas

@wouanagaine: Thanks for the note! I hope you also set English as default language now. ;)

Quote from: Danthe on June 04, 2007, 12:58:36 AM
Thanks Andreas  &apls New NAM it's fantactic (new GLR inside alley particulary ;D )
But, I have a problem with eurotextures on road. After instalation, the white lines and zebras are on part of cross and yellows are on others (as in original). When I builid new road cross lines are yellow. I don't change mods on erotextures (I have @frimi's mod). If is he compatibile with new NAM?

Please make sure that the Euro Road Textures Mod is loaded after the NAM and the NAM plugins. By default, it installs into a folder "Euro Road Textures Mod" within the "Network Addon Mod" folder. Since we changed the folder structure of the NAM files (i. e. the plugins have their own subfolder now), they might override the Euro textures. Try to add some "z" in front of the Euro Road Textures Mod folder, this should fix the issue. In addition, frimi will update the mod to include Euro textures for the new NAM items, so stay tuned. :)
Andreas

Danthe

^^ Thanks.  :thumbsup: Your advices have turned out forceful. First - instal new NAM, second - reinstal Eurotextures.
Everything there is already ok :sunny:

ebina

Can I set the starter function to the GLR stations?
Sometimes Draggable GLR turns into normal El-Rail after building the station.
I think some distance required in the neighborhood of the station, but it's inconvenient a little.

Andreas

@ebina: Yeah, I noticed that as well. When you plop two stations on a stretch of draggable GLR, the part between them tends to change back to el-rail again. Depending on how much space you have available, you can drag the GLR tracks from an existing stretch , and once you touch the el-rail part, it turns back into GLR. Maybe there's a way to change the stations, but even memo's modded station template behaved like this. But I'd say it's still a lot easier to use draggable GLR. :)

EDIT: It only happens if you place two stations very close (or very close to the end of a GLR line), though (less than ten tiles or so). I guess that's the same radius like with the Street Tree Mods, where a certain stretch of street changes the trees automatically if you plop a street tile on an existing street.
Andreas

Wyldone

Quote from: Andreas on June 04, 2007, 08:08:00 AM
@ebina: Yeah, I noticed that as well. When you plop two stations on a stretch of draggable GLR, the part between them tends to change back to el-rail again. Depending on how much space you have available, you can drag the GLR tracks from an existing stretch , and once you touch the el-rail part, it turns back into GLR. Maybe there's a way to change the stations, but even memo's modded station template behaved like this. But I'd say it's still a lot easier to use draggable GLR. :)

EDIT: It only happens if you place two stations very close (or very close to the end of a GLR line), though (less than ten tiles or so). I guess that's the same radius like with the Street Tree Mods, where a certain stretch of street changes the trees automatically if you plop a street tile on an existing street.

Yeah, I've also noticed little things like that, like if you bulldoze a certain area of draggable-GLR in a certain amount of tiles, it DOES turn back into El-Rail, so....yeah, might be a few bugs in it, still. But hey, nothin's perfect! Having said that, tho, this mod is, in my book, A-Plus successful! This mod is so great, it more than answers many of our prayers from when we first startin' usin' the GLR, I'm sure. Draggable-GLR is so much fun to use, once ya get the hang of it. Also, the GLR-avenue's look great, and I'm sure they're fully utililized by many of us. However, what would be so bad, just to add a few more things...  &idea

1. The GLR-avenues would be greater still if there were some stations made (or in the makin') for them. Havin' a GLR stop right in the middle of the avenue would look fantastic, and I can imagine the response of such a treat.  :thumbsup:

2. GLR-avenues could also use a few more transitions. Before the GLR-in-avenues were made, I always made two one-way lanes with the GLR track in the middle. If I were to replace all these "man-made-avenues", it would be a little costly, and I think a bit of a hassle. I think that if ya were to make a transition from said "man-made-component" to the avenue-GLR's, it would make things SO much easier. I'll try 'n put up a pic of what I mean tonight.

3. Maybe a special tram for the avenue-GLR's could be made, if my second suggestion doesn't work. The tram could be a one-car type, and I'm sure it would really make for an effective transit option. Also, ya could prolly make....I dunno, maybe like a tram-bus-lane. I'm almost certain someone was workin' on somethin' like that over at ST, so if ya could prolly look for that and maybe even work with Vester, the man who brought 'bout VDK Productions, I PROMISE ya guys could come up with more great things!

Think 'bout it, keep up the fantastic work, and spare us nothin' guys! Awesome work! Right on!  &apls

Andreas

Quote from: Wyldone on June 04, 2007, 09:13:20 AM
2. GLR-avenues could also use a few more transitions. Before the GLR-in-avenues were made, I always made two one-way lanes with the GLR track in the middle. If I were to replace all these "man-made-avenues", it would be a little costly, and I think a bit of a hassle. I think that if ya were to make a transition from said "man-made-component" to the avenue-GLR's, it would make things SO much easier. I'll try 'n put up a pic of what I mean tonight.

Actually, those pieces exist, both for orthogonal and diagonal GLR-in-Avenue. They are located near the end of the TAB cycle. Connect them to the GLR-in-Avenue on one side, and connect one-way roads on the other sides, as well as draggable GLR (with the el-rail tool, as usual).
Andreas

MAS71

Hi all :)

I have a problem with Bridges with new-NAM today.
It's a displying not correct about two bridges "Millau Viaduct by Fukuda" and "Old Road Bridge by jeronij"

Please look these pics.

These could disply normaly at zoom4 and zoom5 ;)
and All bridges except two of the above-mentioneds are normally displayed.  :thumbsup:

Of course, I deleted files about all of old NAM.
and I already have installed "NAM Essential" after install a New-NAM. ;)

Do you have any idea?? ()what()

Thank you!!

##### Edited #####
Is this post in a suitable thread?
Please move if it is not suitable.  ;)

Pikatchoum

Fisrt i'd like to say a great "Bravo" to the Nam team for the huge work accomplished.

I loaded a new city to test all the new nam options and it seems to work perfectly.

Anyway, when i try to load another city (already built) the game crash and i don't know why. I remember i had a roundabout (OwayR) , the only old thing from the old NAM, maybe that causes the problem ?

Wyldone

Quote from: Andreas on June 04, 2007, 09:44:38 AM
Actually, those pieces exist, both for orthogonal and diagonal GLR-in-Avenue. They are located near the end of the TAB cycle. Connect them to the GLR-in-Avenue on one side, and connect one-way roads on the other sides, as well as draggable GLR (with the el-rail tool, as usual).

Thanx, Andreas. I played my game a bit to see what ya were talkin' 'bout. Those COULD help, but....that's not exactly what I meant by transition. Maybe I shoulda used a different word: intersection. This is what I mean. As promised, here's a pic I took a few mins ago to show ya what I mean...

As ya can see, the blue circle shows where my "potential intersection" would be. Notice how the ends of the avenues, both GLR (north) and normal (south), kinda interfere with where it meets with my man-made GLR avenue. The red circle shows the already available pieces. What I was thinkin' is that the top piece, the one over the avenue-GLR cross piece, could be mirrored into one. Ya know, match the one side that turns into GLR, (pointin' south in the example) on the other side.  &idea
Seriously, THAT could make things a WHOLE lot easier for me. I'd like to think that others have used the method shown in my pic. Whaddaya say, Andreas? Hope I clarified it for ya. Keep up the great work!

Andreas

Well, that's some tricky intersection indeed. memo is the man with the magic wand, though, I'm only the PR guy. ;)
Andreas