• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Tranports Inc.

Started by vester, January 19, 2012, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Is this better ?

[click to enlarge]

threestooges

It's wonderful. The fourth car from the end, with the alternating windows, I've not seen that style before. Any idea what the split level windows are for?
-Matt

vester

Its a sleeping car like this one from Canadian Pacific:

vester

Talking about Canadian Pacific:

APSMS

I would have to iterate Matt's initial thoughts about the UP cars completely. I was wondering, too, if perhaps any though had been given to my suggestion of the skydome car nightlights. No pressure there, though.

The Pennsylvania RR and the modified UP cars look much better, though I still think that the lettering is too stretched (on the UP, that is); the spacing is fine, but the letters appear abnormally fat (wide).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

vester

The last one was the Canadian Pacifci not Pennsy.

Is the lettering better now ?

vester

Have started reworked the silver colored carriages:

The first two carriages is the reworked textures, the rest is the old ones.

Jack_wilds

the lettering is much improved  ;) ... at what zoom level is it meant to be legible  ??? ... likeing this set more-more  :)  [imagine motivational bunnies here]

APSMS

Yes, that is much better; the scale and width of the letter's seems more in line w/the actual cars now.

Also, I should have specified. I was retroactively commenting, but I also thought that the Canadian Pacific was good, but since I don't know my Canadian liveries, it'd be hard to give meaningful feedback besides "Great!" with a thumbs up

Noticed just now on the Daylight SP train that there is a white line that aliases badly between the sides and the roof of the car. Not sure if that's intended or not, but if so it needs to be widened/thickened, and if not, should be removed/filled in. Also on the newest reworked silver cars (marked Santa Fe), I noticed that the roof texture repeats twice; perhaps you could rotate/mirror the other half to reduce it; I think it happens on the old versions as well. It's a minor thing, though, and really just me nitpicking.

Otherwise, things are looking very good so far.

"Great! :thumbsup:" in fact...

::)

vester

Lighten up the "color" of the carriages:

Gugu3

I see a crash happening :D :D :D
Nice carriages :thumbsup:

vester

Quote from: Gugu3 on March 12, 2014, 09:51:24 AM
I see a crash happening :D :D :D

Sims: "Crach what is that ? Don't you know that we sims have found a way trains can share the rails ?"

Been working on a new skin, so far just an engine.

vester

Finished of the Missouri Pacific:

[click to enlarge]

Added a little extra bonus to the mod. Can anyone spot what it is ?

vester

Missouri Pacific had all the engines painted into dark blue color scheme with only a few white lines.
This was done by end of april 1961:

APSMS

Looks good. Is it the multiple MO. Pacific Engines, or the Pullman cars?

The 1961 liveries look bland compared to the blue & white earlier ones, but still very sleek. Good for an express or something like that.

vester

Spot on. It was the two different engines.

Missouri Pacific didn't operated any dome cars, but Pullman had some in MP colors.

vester

Canadian Pacific:

Have reworked the colors compared to the freight engine.

vester

Some more Canadian:

[click to enlarge]

Jack_wilds

this train set just keeps getting bigger-n-bigger...  :D

vester

Staying in the Canadian Pacific family: