• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Tranports Inc.

Started by vester, January 19, 2012, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

New model? I'm curious. Still giving the Super Express trains a go. Found no problems at all.

Cheers
Willy

vester

Had thought about this train. Then Arthur asked, if it was something I had thought about.
So I started on it. Have done the UV-mapping. Takes for ever, but not as long as the first times I did it.
Next up is putting some textures together. Will borrow from my earlier skins like crazy.

The train is in competition with the Narita Express - N'EX, transporting people from the Narita Airport to the centre of Tokyo ect.

Good to hear that you haven't found any problems.  :thumbsup:

Now for some more train spotting, Super Hakucho:

These trains just suits Arthurs Japanese region. (TY again Art)

Have started to look into the installer script.
Hope people can read the readmes.  "$Deal"$
The extra / optinal car (the one with a pantograph) has to be remove manual if they don't want electric trains.

vester

A little update on the trains:

Started working on the textures. Still on what I call basecolors.

MTT9

Looking good! Can't wait for textures :)
You can call me Matt

Tandini

Hi, nice work on those trains  :thumbsup:   I especially like the Gautrain - great work on the textures! Also looking forward to your new Skyliner.
Nice weekend
::)
  Come along on a Journey through Finland

Shroud

Great work so far! I'm starting a Japanese themed region and look forward to those trains.

jp

The trains look great! :thumbsup: Can't wait for the release!

vester

Thank you for the comments. Glad you like them.

MTT9: That was the start of the textures.

Have done some progress on them:

vester

Gave the color a bit more saturation and is almost done with the engine:

MTT9

You can call me Matt

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

The part of the texture for the front panel looks a bit like a gas mask or an animal like a fox:

Swordmaster

Or a gas mask for foxes? Not sure why they would need one.

Looks good! Who's that dude inside? What's he doing there? These are the existential questions I ask myself at work all the time.

Cheers
Willy

vester

Quote from: Swordmaster on March 16, 2013, 07:43:17 AM
These are the existential questions I ask myself at work all the time.

:D

Could stop myself, when the engine and the first two cars were done:

Been playing around with color settings:

All that work on the light and shadow layers have paid off.

Swordmaster

Hmm, with such a sharp nose (meaning the engine's nose :D), the engineer looks a bit squashed against the window. Maybe he just did an emergency brake. But you should be able to move him a bit further up the window and pan him a little inwards. Does that make sense?

Sorry, just a detail that's bound to vex me. It probably means the rest looks too real. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Willy

art128

Looks great Arne. :)

Though I agree with Willy on the driver's comment... But I'm not sure if it is actually possible to make that squashed effect go away..
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Think it was the shirt in a black jacket and the lower part of his face that shows up not his nose.

Is this better:

Added some reflecting clouds and move the driver up/back.

BTW: We are talking about something that will be 4-5 px high in the final textures. :P   :D

Swordmaster

Almost. Squash him vertically a little.

Cheers
Willy

vester

Can't keep squashing. He will just end squashed like panecake :P

Will give him a little squash more.

Got a bit little way on another project. Adding a little color to the first Japanese train package:

JR Kyushu Kiha 200.
(Haven't worked on the front or the roof)

Plan to do these four color combinations :

Kiha 200 series Sea Side LinerKiha 200 series - redKiha 200 series NanohanaKiha 200 series Huis Ten Bosch

Gugu3

Vester amazing work with this trains!!! &apls mine is just a proposal...have thought of render in the game the London overground?that would be really nice :thumbsup: anyway whatever you opinion is keep up the excellent work you're doing ;D
cheers
Gugu3