• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nardo69

OK, some nagging around:

The dirt street at Ecoba Orchard Estate is a bitlong, isn't it? I mean it is not flat there, but also not that steep that such a long street would be necessary IMHO ...  %wrd

before I start the praysing (in order to keep your feet on the ground!  :D )

I must confess I put such a pass always on more han one map ... but that pass looks great!  &apls

You should put a bigger railway station with sidings and sheds at the end of the pass as freight sometimes trains have to be divided or need support engines.

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

It's a long climb, but the truth of the matter is, it's quite realistic.  Getting a railway up through a pass is a non-trivial problem!  Looks great!

Jmouse

Terrific work on the winding road and rail, Dave. That scene is going to be really gorgeous once you add foliage and other accessories, but glad you showed it to us first at this stage.

Later...
Joan

ecoba

That is some wonderfil FAR and FARR work on that mountain, Dave!

Ethan

threestooges

I like the passes. The rail in particular. The cuts into the hills are good and that land bridge is a great touch for that area too. Working with some of those pieces on a slope can be tough, but you make it look easy.
-Matt

thundercrack83

threeswept

...don't mind if I do...[rolls up sleeves and starts picking from the orchard]. Great, great, great! What a lovely place to visit!

tooheys

Well while you're waiting for me to post my next update, here's another quiz for you. Different theme this time - PC games.

Same reward as last time.

1.What game are you playing if you are in territory disputed by the APR and UFLL?

2.You have just rec'd the Amulet of Kings. Who must you deliver it to and where?

3.Complete the phrase "reticulating............"

4.What will Rod Machado teach you to do?

5.Who is the daughter of Eli Vance, and what is the name of her pet?

6.Name the 3 continents of Azeroth?

7.You start this game a prisoner of LeChuck.

8.A balding, dorky, double entendre-speaking, somewhat lovable loser, who am I?

9.In what city would you find Niko Bellic?

10.A game from the 90's, it's soundtrack was officially released with 23 tracks and 3 bonus tracks. What game am I?

*Q 1 -10: If not included in the answer, also provide the name of the game.

Can anybody beat Ethan :)

And hey, if you can only answer one or two that's alright, you might still get something named after you for joining in.

joelyboy911

1. Far Cry 2
2. Oblivion (You've got to take it to Jaufre)
3. Sims 2 (reticulating splines)
4. Flight Simulator (flying)
5. Half-Life 2  (Alyx Vance, don't know the pet)
6. World Of Warcraft (Eastern Kingdom, Kalimdor, Northrend)
7. Monkey Island
8. Leisure suit larry?
9. Grand Theft Auto (Liberty City)
10. StarCraft (Not sure about that one TBH)

Oh Yeah.... Did I mention? Great pictures last upate - and congrats on the OSITM!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Shadow Assassin

1. Far Cry 2
2. Amulet of Kings... Amulet of Kings... from Oblivion: you must deliver it to Jauffre at Weynon Priory after the Emperor is killed.
3. Reticulating Splines... SimCity series and in the Sims also.
4. He will teach you how to fly... in Microsoft Flight Simulator, I presume. Can someone check if this is correct?
5. Oooh, from Half Life 2! Alyx Vance with her robot Dog!
6. (from east to west) Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend, Kalimdor. World of Warcraft.
7. Tales of Monkey Island?
8. Leisure Suit Larry. Stars in a game of the same name.
9. Liberty City, Grand Theft Auto IV.
10. I'll come back to this one later.

I'm confident I got most of them right.

*shakes fist at Joely* You beat me!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

tooheys

Great effort guys. SA is closest with 9 out of ten and  Q10 is the decider. Good luck, and be quick, someone might just jump in to complete the list  :)

joelyboy911

Aha!

10. Myst!

Edit: Noticing something odd in this Downunder-Dominated string of posts

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Shadow Assassin

Aw damn. It was Myst, I can't believe I didn't think of that. My inclination was Final Fantasy VII, however that had 85 tracks (!!) on its OST.

Released in 1998, FYI, and it's still available on Amazon. :P

edit: Yeah, I noticed that too. xD
New Horizons Productions

tooheys

I knew I should have gone out and dragged this on a bit $%Grinno$%. Well done to both of you, joelboy911 wins with the final answer, but with a more than able assist by SA.  :thumbsup: To quote the prize:

Quotethe winner gets to pick his reward in Clontarf, an estate, a riverside cottage, farm, business. Your call (within reason  ;) ), and if some LE work is req'd so be it (but don't expect any BAting).

joelboy911, just let me know what you would like and I'll add it into the MD as soon as practical. SA, a well earned 2nd place, missed by that much  ;), I'll give you a choice, a farm, a pub or waterfront property? Let me know.

Shadow Assassin

I'll go for a pub. Maybe a nice waterfront one, I don't know. Up to you. :p

I feel like retiring and running my own business, lol.
New Horizons Productions

tooheys

Ok a pub on the waterfront with a house not too far way. That I can do, I only ask for a reserved seat at the bar  ;)

joelyboy911

I would like to own a dairy farm, If possible, with a generously proportioned (but modest) not-too-new house. Hope I'm not being to specific.

I should mention: Googling key words from the challenge made it very easy. 8 and 10 were different.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

tooheys

That I can do and in the next update or three. I'll PM you when it's done.

Dave

joelyboy911

Don't worry, I'll be checking in for every update. I look forward to what you do.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

ecoba

A Twelve-String Down Under Post Streak, thing...

Never Seen That Before.

Well, I don't really know games.. So don't worry about me...

Ethan

edit: SA, I have your, really old MD linked in my sig, I just realised we've finally commented in the same thread...
edit again: I'll "move" to extend the down under streak... kinda cheating but.....and sorry, but I'm a kiwi....
edit for the, fourth time now, yup: next post puts us to page 50, Dave