• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Waldey - My Epicurean Garden (NO Update 5 - 08-10-12)

Started by carlfatal, January 31, 2012, 03:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Quote from: carlfatal on January 31, 2012, 03:39:37 PM

... i love ants  :D).

Really , Carl ?

That statement speaks particularly to me  ... Just by curiosity : did you read Bernard Werber ?  I've been a child  captivated  by raising ants ( red wood ants - Formica Rufa and slavemaker ants  -  Polyergus Rufescens ) in a corner of my parents garden ( then , later , in fish tanks in my bedroom  ...  ) . Yep , I've been an odd child !  :D $%Grinno$%

I won't expand here how it has been fascinating to study absolute social devotion when you feel yourself like a stranger to the world , that part is my private childhood story , but it also taught me to be patient and observant , with an  intuitive perception about how our own social organization works ...  I do not raise ants anymore  , but , at least , that strange behavior has been influential for my life and even my way to play Simcity . In French , we have that usual expression : « To do something with an entomologist precision » ...

... and a dash of love , not to forget . Because , definitively , we're  not ants (That's not debatable  :P ).

So you're an Epicurus' admirer and Waldey is the name of your digital anthill (  Sim-hill ... itude , that pun works in english only  ) ... Since your evocation 3 months ( or so ) ago , of a MD to come , I was awaiting it with curiosity and impatience . I'm following your posts here and at Simforum and what I feel of you through your words and posts  nourishes a deep sympathy . ;)

No more precise review for my first ( and strange , I admit it  ;D ) comment : welcome to MDing , Carl , we're many SC4 gardeners to expect great things from you and looking at these first sets of pictures of your own secret garden confirms that we're perfectly right to . ( If , in anyway , I've contributed to your volition to take the plunge  , let me add that I'm of course proud of it .)

A Sophocles' admirer ...

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

carlfatal

Hello, i´m back for a short update,
but first - replies...

@art128,
thanks!

@rambuckel,
thank You,Theresa! There´s a lot of rarely used train stuff out there. I will show a lot more of this in the future...

@solsystem,
thank You! These scenes in the backyards are the stuff i like cause it´s the normal life - nothing special...  :)

@Ol.S / Benoit,
thank You too! These nice boats are made by nexis/mrbisonm.  &apls

@Swordmaster,
thanks! It´s the reason to do this: my place for a good life.  ;)

@whatevermind,
thank You! This time i did no changes to the pics, it´s better.

@clemenclm2001,
thanks!

@Kergelen,
thank You, there will come more of this, but for today only a little bit of nature. Hope You like it!  ;)

@Flatron,
thank You! The sidewalkmod is my own, if someone needs it i will share it.  :)

@RickD,
Thanks Raphael! I want the portrait as realistic as possible. So i have to go in these details some time.

@noahclem,
thank You! The beer is ready for You, cold and dark as You wanted it. Take it in the brewery direct and leave the town eastwards to the little creek in the upcoming pictures. It´s a good place for drinking and sitting lazy in the green as Carl the Fatal isn´t as cruel as in his early days. Nobody has to die after drinking (if he/she don´t drink too much...).  :D

@Dantes,
thank You, and i hope You´re feeling better again!  ;)

@Connor,
thanks!  :)

@kelis,
thanks Jonathan! The abbey was a real fight, so i´m happy You like it!

@nas-t,
thank You!  :)

@bat,
thank You too! So i hope to see ya again.

@nbvc,
thanks! And thanks for a lot of little thing i use You´ve made!  :)

@Badsim,
Thank You, Cédric, for the warm welcome and this wonderful portrait of a so underestimated creature!
Waldey is a real small anthill, but a fascinating project as i want to build everything as realistic as i can. So it is really big enough for me lazy guy. And Epicurean as i want to show my dream of a world it´s worth to live in - calm, friendly, peaceful...
This is what i hope to convey - we have much to much war but not here in Waldey. Everyone is welcome in my little land an should have a good time here.

And so i have to thank every one else who clicked in here and looked at my pictures. But You´re all invited to say a word or two. I try to be friendly although my name is the same as the name of this ancient warlord and subsequent king.  :D

So for today i only show a few pics of nature. Knapps water is out since months and i´ve tested it earlier. Now i did only a little creek with it, nothing spectacular, but i like the result. One picture shows a heron in the reed, on another You can see some wild pigs made by rambuckel. But that´s it, calm little scenes without any human presence. Hope You like it!

3.1 First the spring:

3.2 The spring more near:

As i´ve said: only a few little pictures as at present i´m not as creative as i want to be. But i hope You although enjoy these scenes.
Greetz, Carl

nbvc

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

noahclem

This is a nice place to enjoy a brew! Great job with Knapp's water, you've created some really nice rural scenes  &apls

rambuckel

Dreaming of being there, relaxing in the sunshine :)

Theresa
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

kbieniu7

Wow! You said, you are not as creative as you want to be. Yup, a stream maybe is not very interesting, but a well-made stream from "technical" side, as you have done, is at least cool  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

apeguy

Nice update, I like the detail around the stream, especially the rapids. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

rooker1

Very nice work on the stream. 
I just think some of Simfox's trees along the stream do not fit this scene very well.
I look forward to seeing more.
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

DaveN

Just WOW!! I dont have a words... great pics. Fantastic job.  &apls

Framly

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

DaveN

I'm still waiting!!! :) And I'm so curious what do you can do with another update... I believe that is something big... I hope that in the few days You could show us great pics from game....

Best wishes.
- Dave

kelis

WOW my friend, Great job with this little river, you did a great job detailing these pictures my friend  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

carlfatal

Hi Devoties,
i wasn´t active for a while but now i´m back with a few new pictures. The reason for this is simple: now i have the buildings i needed to do the next step, and the person who saved my little island is: DaveN.  &apls &apls &apls
So first i want to say a big, big thank You, Dave. :) These houses are somewhat like a dream, wonderful, perfect BATs to build little old villages as You can find them in Germany or Poland.
Second i have to apologize for the delay as i´ve been playing with these houses more than three weeks - but i´m a real slow builder. I have to admit: i´m not really good in compromises, if i have something in my mind there is no way to do it different.   
And third: it´s not finished yet, You will see a few lots detailed but the most parts of the village are working places. If i begin to move houses on lots there is no end. I know there is a point of perfection i never can reach but i´m not able to accept this issue. So i try and try without reaching the point of success.  &mmm
But i can show You a few pictures of the first village i was able to build, as this set of houses is not only nice - it is diagonal too!  :thumbsup:
So i had the chance to break the grid the first time, and yes, i´m happy with the result. I´ve rescaled a lot of BATs to match together, played around with "fake lots" till i found a way to build this village like it existed as a picture in my mind. Now i have constant battles with my industries around the local train station. To begin with diagonals is an addictive new experience - and it shouldn´t end: now i´m searching for matching industrial buildings. Don´t laugh - i know, i´m crazy.  $%Grinno$%
What You will see here is only a part of the center around the church, nothing is finished but i did the most detailing on the inner lots. The only thing that works is my new cobblestone sidewalk mod, as the old one wasn´t that good with diagonals. But as You can see, i´ve made the pictures in the pause mode, the modding isn´t done yet, so this "update" is much more a teaser. Also the pictures are not the best quality - i had to make them on my netbook. A full update with better pictures will follow in the next days.  ;)
Oh - thanks for all Your nice comments but replies will come with the next real update, sorry but i´m tired now, here it is half past three in the morning.  &ops

So here is the church:

On the right side the street to Kirchberg, on the left the way to the train station:

And at last some farms and a lot of framework everywhere:

I hope You like the pictures, and if You want i will explain how i built this village in the upcoming real update.
Greetz, Carl

RickD

Very beautiful village. You are right, these houses are perfect for a central european setting.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

nas-t

hum i think i missed those diagonal houses.... where did you get them? anyway - great village!  &apls &apls

Framly

Welcome back my friend!!!

Awesome work on this little village, very detailed! The Base/Overlay-Textures+Sidewalk Mod looks so great! &apls &apls

Keep it on ;)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

noahclem

Great to see an update here! You've really done a great job working with all the diagonals and the lotting is superb. The rest of the details are just what I would expect from Waldey and I can't wait to see what's next  &apls &apls

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites