• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Scenic Routes Around the World #42 - FIFA World Cup Special

Started by eugenelavery, February 05, 2012, 06:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eugenelavery

Mr.Lin

Fantastic style!I like it !
Looking forward to your next update .
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

feyss

It's been quite a while since the last uptade, bu it's totally worth it. It's the first time a see someone who tries to reproduct an african city and the result is really good. I can't wait to see more.  :thumbsup:

vortext

Excellent work indeed. You really have a knack for tight, chaotic city blocks!  &apls

btw, that rounded fence in the lower left corner of the second pic, where did you find that?!  ???  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Themistokles

The chaotic feel of it is just wonderful, the atmosphere of it is really good! I especially like how you mix built-up areas with "empty" plots.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

FrankU

Indeed a very good and realistic atmosphere! Great work and I am looking forward to more.

benedict

I'm loving the new work you've shown.

And congratulations, you're number one on Ben's Top Ten this week.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

eugenelavery

Replies:

Mr Lin: The next update is here!
feyss: I can see why others haven't attempted it, you really have to carefully choose what buildings to use.
vortext: I am still trying to locate that fence. I tend to rename a lot of props so I can find them easy in LE, still searching for the original. I will let you know if I find it.
Themistokles: I have been to Africa so I have some first-hand experience on what it is like. Google Earth also helps a lot.
FrankU: I am hoping you enjoy the lotting in this MD.
benedict: Hopefully I can return to number one soon. Very hard to get comments on SC4D these days, not like a few years ago!

noahclem

Great choice of bats and lotting and very nice shoreline  &apls

belfastsocrates

Absolutely excellent! As mentioned above a great BAT and LOT selection choice and some superb lotting and details.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

romualdillo

I like chaotic cities in SC4... I think yours is a masterpiece. I forget the grid when looking at your images!!

vester

Very chaotic, yes, but that is what makes all the more real life like.   &apls

kelis

Fantastic job my friend !!! I like this kind of style in simcity 4 and you are doing an excellent job making all these scenes, I can't wait to see something more.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

vortext

Excellent lotting, everything fits together great!  &apls
time flies like a bird

eugenelavery

Replies:

noahclem: Thanks, I put a lot of thought into what BATs to use.
belfastsocrates: Thanks for visiting!
romualdillo: Thanks, the grid is hard to break.
vester: Africa is indeed chaotic.
kelis: Thanks, I love your work also!
vortext: I guess Lotting is my thing.

To celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup, we visit Rio de Janeiro's iconic Copacabana district. During the World Cup, the beach will be transformed into a FIFA Fanzone where fans from around the world will gather to watch the matches live on big screens. Who will win it all? Brazil, Germany, Argentina, or the Netherlands?

juliok102013

Germain will win, Brazil will be the 3rd

Fantastic Photos, it's like I'm seeing Copacabana!

Dantes

Look awesome!

Nooo, German no wins!   *whaaaaaaa* I wish all wins

isii94

Your pics look fantastic :thumbsup: It might look even better if the crowd watching the game (I suppose) on the beach was a bit denser.

Well I'm not really interested in football  :-\ The ones that play the best should win
MD coming soon...

art128

wonderful pictures. :)
As isii94 said, the best team will win. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

time flies like a bird