• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

STEX to LEX ?

Started by Bluebeard, June 05, 2007, 08:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluebeard

Approx a week or so that is if Gateway gets off there butt we will finally have a new pc.Now my old pc is in such bad shape we won't be able to transfer the SC files over to the new system.
   So has "All" the files been moved from STEX to LEX or do we gotta bounce between sites?.Thanx :)

Glenni

What? all 10k files over to LEX? lol that would kill that server:P

jeronij

I guess you are referring to the BSC deps, and in that case, yes, all of them are in the LEX.
If there is someone you cant find, just post in the LEX support thread, or in the Where can I find this ...? one  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

vester

Well SimGoobers files haven't been transferred as I remember. Way to many.

Bluebeard

Thanx folks for the quick reply.
  So if I understand the Props are "All" on LEX but the Lots are spread between the 2 sites.Well in that case we should have it "All" downloaded by the time SC5 comes out. ;)Thanx again.

BarbyW

Sorry, BB, but not all BLS or CSX files are yet on the LEX and not many of SG's either. It is a huge undertaking to get all Colyn's and my files on the LEX as I am trying to update the Readmes as I go.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Bluebeard

Thanx Goddess.
   At least I'll have something to do for about 6 months.Thanx :)

callagrafx

It's great news to hear you're getting that new machine ya old pirate...Your first download should be the LEX Downloader.  Once you have it, browse the LEX and add what files you want to your download list.  Then launch the downloader, log in using LEX username and password and watch as all of the ones you have chosen will download automatically...let it run while you grab a bite or even while you sleep..it's a massive timesaver.

Sorry that it won't help you with STEX though...
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Bluebeard

Wow a Downloader. :thumbsup:
   Almost like shopping at Wal-Marts. ;)

geoffhaw

With regard to BSC Prop Packs, they are all on the LEX with the exception of Cycledogg's two, BSC Prop Pack Cycledogg No 1 and BSC CP Prop Pack Vol 02.  We'll have a word with him about uploading them on the LEX as well.   ;).  All the Texture Packs are on the LEX, but there are only 3 you need:

BSC Textures Vol 01

BSC Textures Vol 02

BSC TexturePack Cycledogg V 01b

All other packs have been incorporated into these.

Andreas

Quote from: Bluebeard on June 05, 2007, 09:58:28 AM
Almost like shopping at Wal-Marts. ;)

It's even better, since you don't have to push the shopping cart yourself. ;)
Andreas

Bluebeard

Another reason this site is the best it's members are so helpful. :thumbsup:
    Well seeing how you were all so helpful I would give ya heads up on the new system.After sticking the customer service department with countless e-mails they finally got back to us saying it's going to another month because there moving there warehouse from Mexico.
   Now if wasn't for us staying on top of this we would have never known of the delay.You would think spending this kinda of money you would get better customer service.
   We are almost tempted to tell Gateway to stick it where the sun doesn't shine but then we would never have a computer to use.
   Thanx again for the help and allowing me to vent.

callagrafx

Quotethey finally got back to us saying it's going to another month because there moving there warehouse from Mexico.

Oh well...but you might want to start compiling your download list, as it's held on the server, not your machine..which means when you get the shiny new PC all you have to do is download the downloader ( ;D) then get going..no waiting at the checkout with 30 people in front, all with coupons  :D :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it