• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

European House Add-on (EHA) by Gn_Leugim

Started by gn_leugim, July 30, 2012, 12:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

thank you all :)

I'll be finishing up the modding... meanwhile some name translations would be nice.

this one I have a name for it. it's "Apartamentos do Sr. Machado".

Now, Sr.Machado is a man's name that owns the store on the buildings I based on to model this. Also, Machado is a tool... an Axe. So I want to go and play around, maxis style.

the idea is simple, would you translate that, replacing that name for a name in your language that also is a piece of hardware? :P

gn_leugim

I dont like to double post, but I kinda need your help here, so I can release this stuff :p

FrankU

OK, sorry for the delay.

in Dutch: "Van der Bijl appartementen".

Bijl = axe

MandelSoft

Dutch: Hamer Flatwoningen
German: Hammer Mietwohnungen
English: Hammer Apartments
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

gn_leugim

Quote from: FrankU on August 29, 2012, 01:58:53 AM
OK, sorry for the delay.

in Dutch: "Van der Bijl appartementen".

Bijl = axe

no need t be sorry :p

Is there people named Bijl in there? :P

and btw, gratz on the 2000th post :D
Quote from: MandelSoft on August 29, 2012, 02:01:10 AM
Dutch: Hamer Flatwoningen
German: Hammer Mietwohnungen
English: Hammer Apartments

Thank you. for the english I had one, "Mr. Arrow" I found it at a name's list so I guess it's legal ^^. Which one you think best? Hammer or Arrow? I am completely out on this matter XD

metasmurf

Swedish: Herr Pils Lägenheter (arrow). Sounds better in Swedish than hammer/axe.

FrankU

Hamer kamerverhuur (meaning: hammer room accomodation: you can rent rooms with collective use of kitchen and bathroom in this building. Usually we find this sort of apartments for students and poor loners in bad areas of town).

Van der Schaaf flatjes (schaaf = plane = avião, a tool to make wooden part flat)

Bertus Beitel behuizing (bertus= first name, beitel = chisel = cinzel, behuizing= a generic word for a building that you can live in)

Van der Zaag appartementen (zaag = saw = serra)

:D

You need more?

Reply:
Bijl is an existing last name. We have a quite well known lady called Martine Bijl who apprears on television now and then.
Van der Bijl is also an existing last name. "Van der" means something like "from".
The above are also existing lats names.

I think machado in english should be Axe. Hence: Mr Axe apartments, Van der Bijl appartementjes/appartementen, Axt Mietwohnungen. The german version is less convincing.
While writing this I thought of "appartementjes" instead of "appartementen". It is the word to describe a small apartment, which is more accurate in this house I guess.
And hammer is a good english word. Arrow is mostly used for the thing that you shoot with a bow (the Wilhelm Tell tool).

Gilikov1994

This is amazing, great great work! it's such a long time ago that I visited the SC4D en the EBLT forum. Shame on me! :(

Love it mate, Giel  :thumbsup:
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

gn_leugim

Quote from: FrankU on August 29, 2012, 02:55:45 AM
Hamer kamerverhuur (meaning: hammer room accomodation: you can rent rooms with collective use of kitchen and bathroom in this building. Usually we find this sort of apartments for students and poor loners in bad areas of town).

Van der Schaaf flatjes (schaaf = plane = avião, a tool to make wooden part flat)

Bertus Beitel behuizing (bertus= first name, beitel = chisel = cinzel, behuizing= a generic word for a building that you can live in)

Van der Zaag appartementen (zaag = saw = serra)

that's the idea :D

so many onptions. here is Portuguese I can recall 2, Machado and Serra (axe and saw).

:D

You need more?

Reply:
Bijl is an existing last name. We have a quite well known lady called Martine Bijl who apprears on television now and then.
Van der Bijl is also an existing last name. "Van der" means something like "from".
The above are also existing lats names.

I think machado in english should be Axe. Hence: Mr Axe apartments, Van der Bijl appartementjes/appartementen, Axt Mietwohnungen. The german version is less convincing.
While writing this I thought of "appartementjes" instead of "appartementen". It is the word to describe a small apartment, which is more accurate in this house I guess.
And hammer is a good english word. Arrow is mostly used for the thing that you shoot with a bow (the Wilhelm Tell tool).

Donno, is anyone in the UK or in the USA whose name is Mr. Axe? lol Mr Hammer sound better though, despite only find reference to Mr. Hammer in Batman series XD.

So, let's resume how it is so far:

Default/English: Mr. Axe/Hammer's Apartment (?)
Portuguese:Apartamento do Sr. Machado
Dutch: Van der Bijl (maybe Zaag) Appartementjes
Swedish: Herr Pils Lägenheter
German: Herr Hammer Mietwohnungen or HerrHammer Mietwohnungen (only found HerrHammer all toghether)
Spanish: Apartamentos de Sr. Machado
French: ??
Italian: ??

Quote from: Gilikov1994 on August 29, 2012, 05:41:44 AM
This is amazing, great great work! it's such a long time ago that I visited the SC4D en the EBLT forum. Shame on me! :(

Love it mate, Giel  :thumbsup:

You are always welcome in :D keep around ;) and thank you :)

art128

Whelp, sorry I can't help you there.. I can't think of any names in French..
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MandelSoft

French: Appartements de mr. Marteau (hammer), perhaps
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

gn_leugim

it's a possibility, I found it on google, again, in Batman series lol still, possible. now italian, anyone? ^^

Sciurus

M. Marteau in french sounds weird... but it could be a name. Why not?
So it would be : Appartements de M. Marteau...

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

Ahah, yeah nice one, plus in french when you say someone is marteau (when not used as a name), that means he is stupid... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

Quote from: Sciurus on August 31, 2012, 05:40:42 AM
M. Marteau in french sounds weird... but it could be a name. Why not?
So it would be : Appartements de M. Marteau...
Guillaume :thumbsup:
Quote from: art128 on August 31, 2012, 06:24:05 AM
Ahah, yeah nice one, plus in french when you say someone is marteau (when not used as a name), that means he is stupid... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Then it fits the idea :D chosen!

Now, italian names then... lol  I have to say that, after this building properly named, I'll go on getting everything ready to upload :D

gn_leugim

uploads made, you can find the links on the updated first page and on STEX :D

art128

Congrats! Downloaded some that might look great as a Japanese Danchi!

Props & Texture Catalog

FrankU

Wow, I checked the STEX. That's quite an upload!
Is it appropriate to congratulate you with it? Yes, I guess so, althought the uploading itself is not such a difficult job. But the BATting, Modding and Lotting is!

Thanks for your additions tot he game.

gn_leugim

Quote from: FrankU on September 21, 2012, 12:48:25 AM
Wow, I checked the STEX. That's quite an upload!
Is it appropriate to congratulate you with it? Yes, I guess so, althought the uploading itself is not such a difficult job. But the BATting, Modding and Lotting is!

Thanks for your additions tot he game.

well, try to make 8 readme's, 8 installers, edit 16 pictures and test them all, and maybe it is a job, not difficult, but boring and tedious XD

Thank you for the kind words :)

Quote from: art128 on September 20, 2012, 09:32:25 AM
Congrats! Downloaded some that might look great as a Japanese Danchi!

Glad you like it and have use for them :D

gn_leugim

well, before I go to bed I want to leave you my latest work, the R$28x24 :)

tell me your thoughts :)