• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Team's Super Special Thread for the month of November!!

Started by rooker1, November 01, 2012, 04:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Worked on its big brother . . . these are fiendishly difficult to pull off on the RUL side, so I wouldn't call them "stable" per se. 

-Alex

Gugu3

Wonderful job Alex!!!! &apls
Like these big brothers!!! :thumbsup:
Gugu3

RickD

Great work. Good to see that the DxDs are taken care of.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

noahclem

Quote from: noahclem on November 07, 2012, 06:21:02 AM
Beautiful  :o

This one looks even better  ;D  (Diagonal) RHW-8C is a very exciting network for me as it could eventually facilitate diagonal type-D, -E, and -F ramps for the beautiful diagonal RHW-6C. Speaking of which, I hope Daniel will be showing up for the party this month  :)

Swordmaster

RHW-6C with its smooth curves was already my favorite network. . . getting even better now!

Cheers
Willy

als98

Will there be concrete "jersey barriers" on the diagonal 6C or is that not feasible/possible?

sunv123

Yeah, the median strip would be a great addition to the diagonal C class RHW.

Great work on the diagonal RHW 8-C with the RHW 2!  :)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Tarkus

We don't have the prop finished for the C-type diagonals yet--it is planned, but you probably won't be seeing any barriers, pillars/supports/pylons, and other minor cosmetic details until closer to the end of the development cycle. 

-Alex

sim_link

Very nice work, nice ot see added DxD functionality. Keep it up!  :)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Tarkus on November 08, 2012, 11:09:28 PM
Just when you thought you had seen it all . . .

Excuse me while I go clean the coffee off of my monitor.

Quote from: Haljackey on November 08, 2012, 11:15:11 PM
That turn radius... It's amazing! :thumbsup:

You can either blame or thank Jondor for that; He designed the extra-wide turn radius, as with the models needed for it.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jondor

Yup, those two tile S and three tile C networks were impossible to squeeze entirely into the footprint of the normal Ortho-diag transition alone.  I did the math and trying to make the turn that tight not only looks horrible, but actually places the origin of the circle very nearly within the roadway!  %wrd  Not exactly freeway spec.

So instead, I sacrificed one orthogonal and two diagonal tiles and gave you all a not quite wide radius curve with perfectly contoured barriers to match.  :thumbsup:
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Tarkus

To say that jondor's done an absolutely phenomenal job would be an understatement. :)

There's also more to that pic than may initially meet the eye . . . $%#Ninj2

-Alex

noahclem

That's one of the most beautiful things and most pleasant surprises I've come across around here in a long time and that's saying a lot &apls &apls &apls 

:o

jondor

To give you guys a little bit of an idea of what I've been up to:  I just delivered the NAM Team a (nearly) complete set of RHW models of every network RHW-2 all the way up to RHW-12S and 10C at L0-L2 (and L3 and L4 where applicable) including each and every network crossing each and every other network; Maxis, GLR, HSR, RAM, RHW, and NWM (with some minor exceptions to be filled in at a later date) OxO, OxD, DxO and DxD.

13.6 megabytes after compression, 16320 models in all.  Thankfully, only the first set and the base pieces for each network were compiled by hand.  The rest were generated programmatically in Java.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Gugu3

Thank you jondor!!!wonderful job!!!really like the look of that curves!!!!;D
Alex amazing job with that L1 RHW8s ;D I noticed that :thumbsup:
cheers
Gugu3

Durfsurn

Quote from: jondor on November 09, 2012, 12:13:53 AM
To give you guys a little bit of an idea of what I've been up to:  I just delivered the NAM Team a (nearly) complete set of RHW models of every network RHW-2 all the way up to RHW-12S and 10C at L0-L2 (and L3 and L4 where applicable) including each and every network crossing each and every other network; Maxis, GLR, HSR, RAM, RHW, and NWM (with some minor exceptions to be filled in at a later date) OxO, OxD, DxO and DxD.

13.6 megabytes after compression, 16320 models in all.  Thankfully, only the first set and the base pieces for each network were compiled by hand.  The rest were generated programmatically in Java.

Sounds amazing great work guys and special wow to you Jondor