• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DAMN Manager

Started by Yild, November 11, 2012, 01:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kassarc16

Having an issue with it stalling during "Scan Folders" action. Also, what does it mean when the popups occur during that, the ones where you have to hit OK?

Yild

please redownload 1.1 - there was an old debug popup message - uploaded corrected 1.1 to stex and lex few mins ago
DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

Diggis

Further to my post yesterday about the Startup Manager, it completely breaks the DAMN Manager. Once a folder is accessed by SUM it is no longer visible to the DAMN manager. I've restarted and also copied the folder back in so it's a 'new' folder, but something the SUM does renders the folder invisible to the DAMN Manager. I imagine it's something in the way it's hidden to the game, but it's being left hidden to the DAMN Manager.

Yild

1.1.1:

fixed: folders set as "system" by Startup Manager was not visible by application (thanks to Diggis).

- already on LEX and STEX

Diggis

Quote from: Yild on February 03, 2013, 02:20:21 AM
1.1.1:

fixed: folders set as "system" by Startup Manager was not visible by application (thanks to Diggis).

- already on LEX and STEX

I'll test this when I get home, but thanks for the speedy fix. I noticed this on a few files when I did the first batch of DAMNing but it wasn't until I reinstalled SUM I realised what the trigger was.

Diggis

Success!  Thanks for the fix mate, good to be able to add to my menus.

H2Odk

I am currently reinstalling simcity after a long break.

Last I played I was able to reactive the menu (newsticker only.. I think) after something was plopped. Has something like that been incorporated into this update?

Sonik-hedgehog

I really need your help.

1. DAMN works only from the catalog "Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\DAMN". From the root ("F:\Games\SC4\Plugins\DAMN") the game just doesn't see DAMN files and doesn't load him (small news window and never get message about this menu). What could be the reason?

I ran the game with a shortcut (With "F:\Games\SimCity4\Apps" and just "F:\Games\SimCity4\Apps" without "Apps" parameters). And ran it from "SimCity 4.exe" file from root catalog. But is nothing if DAMN in root catalog of the game. However, when game running in full-screen mode (I play in a window mode with CustomResolution) DAMN boots up from the root catalog, but in same game all maxis trees, interface textures and images advisers is lost (black background or brown boxes). When I try to change the scale - game is crash to desktop.

Maybe the problem in the localization the game? I have a Russian localization.

2. When it loaded from "Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\DAMN" my menu is blank. But DAMN is should not work with documents plugin folder?

PS: I created a menu in the manager and indexed files as required. Win7 x64, the system has full access rights to files. SC4 Deluxe not steam version (CD) last patch installed, plugins catalogue is clear (only one file for test DAMN).

I reinstalled the game and did clean installation. The reason was that I once interfered into SimCity_1.dat. Maybe conflict or other something.

Yild

Quote from: Sonik-hedgehog on March 03, 2013, 07:28:05 AM
I really need your help.

1. DAMN works only from the catalog "Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\DAMN". From the root ("F:\Games\SC4\Plugins\DAMN") the game just doesn't see DAMN files and doesn't load him (small news window and never get message about this menu). What could be the reason? [/quot]

DAMN must be located in "\simcity 4\plugins\damn" installation dir - not in 'documents' because it must be loaded before everything else (almost)

I ran the game with a shortcut (With "F:\Games\SimCity4\Apps" and just "F:\Games\SimCity4\Apps" without "Apps" parameters). And ran it from "SimCity 4.exe" file from root catalog. But is nothing if DAMN in root catalog of the game. However, when game running in full-screen mode (I play in a window mode with CustomResolution) DAMN boots up from the root catalog, but in same game all maxis trees, interface textures and images advisers is lost (black background or brown boxes). When I try to change the scale - game is crash to desktop.

those crashes should not be related to DAMN, as you mantioned in addition to your first post - you did some modifications to SC file...

this is when index file doesn't contain valid information with paths to a DAMN menu files.

I reinstalled the game and did clean installation. The reason was that I once interfered into SimCity_1.dat. Maybe conflict or other something.

possible errors in simcity_1.dat - in my experience there are entries in this file which doesn't represent correct exemplar format (and are suppressed by patches), in addition saving by ilive creates problems as well (in some cases)

I'm glad that you figured this by yourself :)

terse pig

Quote from: ivo_su on November 17, 2012, 05:54:45 AM
So thanks to you and io_bg I discovered how to fix this bug. I really only had to delete / Apps from my shortcut and now everything is fine.
I do have one question. I have two folders with plugins, one is located in My Documents and the other is in D: \ GAMES \ Sim \ Plugins. The problem is that when I open DAMN manager I see only lots that are in C: \ Users \ Super Ivo \ Desktop \ Documents \ SimCity 4 \ Plugins.
How can I do so that the handle and the other lots.

I think this is the same problem I am having...how do I "delete /Apps" from the shortcut? Thanks in advance for any help and of course for making this awesome tool!

Yild

right mouse button on shortcut -> properties -> start in, del \apps

terse pig

Quote from: Yild on March 05, 2013, 09:47:44 AM
right mouse button on shortcut -> properties -> start in, del \apps

Thanks so much, but here is what I have in my "Start in" section : C:\PROGRA~2\Maxis\SIMCIT~1\

The Target looks like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe"

I get the "Open additional submenus" in the game but when I click nothing happens. I made sure that the folders were not dat packed and I pointed the DAMN to the correct folder to the plugins. I'm running this on a Steam downloaded version, I read that that may be an issue. Could that be it?! I hope not!!!

TheNewbie

Lots are graying out after a few seconds, is that normal? &Thk/(

Yild

if 'set hidden for Lots which are DAMNed' is set - yes

Gordon Dry

It seems not to work on x64 - same blank menu page as Sonik-hedgehog.

You quoted him and wrote

Quotethis is when index file doesn't contain valid information with paths to a DAMN menu files.

So my DAMN-index.txt is perfectly right - but it won't work.

As I installed SC in a different partition than Windows (of course) I set a junction link from c:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\ to the folder where I installed it.
Another test run ...

Sonik-hedgehog

Create a new shortcut with no additions to the file path (such as "*.exe' -intro:off -w -CustomResolution:enabled") and delete in "Start in" section (from properties of the shortcut):
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\" and get this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\"

All working on my Win7 x64

Yild

Quote from: Gordon Dry on March 11, 2013, 10:41:12 PM
It seems not to work on x64 - same blank menu page as Sonik-hedgehog.

You quoted him and wrote

actually it works... just not for you (at the moment) ;)

Quote from: Gordon Dry on March 11, 2013, 10:41:12 PM

As I installed SC in a different partition than Windows (of course) I set a junction link from c:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\ to the folder where I installed it.
Another test run ...

there is no need for junction to be able to find simcity installation folder - Manager can use registry entries to get installation path or if not found it will ask to select one.

and Sonik-hedgehog give you another thing to check

btw. to by blunt... in this topic (or in manual provided with Manager) people can find solutions for "all" possible problems with DAMN

Gordon Dry

Quote from: Sonik-hedgehog on March 12, 2013, 01:38:31 AM
Create a new shortcut with no additions to the file path (such as "*.exe' -intro:off -w -CustomResolution:enabled") and delete in "Start in" section (from properties of the shortcut):

I'll give it a try - I hope I can get SC4 to a fine resolution anyway.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\" and get this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\"

I got that from the beginning.

All working on my Win7 x64

I guess so - you won't publish it if not...

Edit:

well, thanks, it works now.
But the news filter is not working well, before THAT one worked...

Edit:

btw would you please add one little feature?

I think that "replace not allowed chars by underscore" thing could be optimized by "replace some characters with some allowed ones" like:

ä -> ae
Ä -> Ae
ö -> oe
Ö -> Oe
ü -> ue
Ü -> ue
ß -> ss

and for other languages than german some more I'm not aware of...  %wrd

well, like:

á -> a
à -> a
é -> e
è -> e
ñ -> n

and so on. And I hope that the encoding of this website allows that you see everything as I typed...  :-\

Yild

Quote from: Gordon Dry on March 13, 2013, 05:26:49 PM
btw would you please add one little feature?

I think that "replace not allowed chars by underscore" thing could be optimized by "replace some characters with some allowed ones" like:

ä -> ae
Ä -> Ae
ö -> oe
Ö -> Oe
ü -> ue
Ü -> ue
ß -> ss

and for other languages than german some more I'm not aware of...  %wrd

well, like:

á -> a
à -> a
é -> e
è -> e
ñ -> n

and so on. And I hope that the encoding of this website allows that you see everything as I typed...  :-\

hmm... it's not that simple every character replacement takes time, if ppl start posting lists like this it would be even longer
I'll think about it thou.

I can inform ppl to not use letters other than abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz in folder (menu) names...

Gordon Dry

Something...

When I initially click on "Open DAMN Menu" down there and the window open and I click on it again - inside the window - then the window goes blank and that was it.

I really have to remember to not to click on "Open DAMN Menu" inside the window...