• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: El-Rail over Avenue

Started by memo, March 08, 2013, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

metarvo

It was a hard decision, but in the end I decided to vote for A because of its compactness.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

z

samerton

Reform

I vote for A as well. I actually like B more, but keeping it simple, compact and continuous is allways more practical.

memo

I did not expect it to be such a clear decision. So it shall be A. Thanks for your replies.

rooker1

A little late, but A for me too.
Great work so far!!

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

MandelSoft

I can only be unanimous: option A seems to be best (less wasteful in materials)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Kitsune

B ... as it looks more realistic. I dont really know if having a half a raised track bed sticking it is smart engineering wise when the piller is so thin.
~ NAM Team Member

Diggis

I'm in agreement on A. If the whole line it supported from the centre it wouldn't make sense to suddenly need to widen it.

Kuewr665

I'd like to see 7.5 m height elevated rail made so that these pieces would also be 7.5 m height.

z

Quote from: Kuewr665 on May 17, 2013, 09:07:53 PM
I'd like to see 7.5 m height elevated rail made so that these pieces would also be 7.5 m height.

But then they couldn't just blend in with the existing el rail system.

Kuewr665

Quote from: z on May 17, 2013, 09:59:13 PM

So then make those as well so they could be blended.

Tarkus

We aren't planning to make L1 Elevated Light Rail at present.  We already have enough override networks that aren't crosslinked well.

-Alex

noahclem

Quote from: Kuewr665 on May 19, 2013, 11:52:19 AM

That's a fairly rude way of asking for something I agree would very nice. I think modding the whole network to 7.5m would be the only possibility as we've got more than enough override networks now, as the doctor mentioned. I wouldn't get your hopes up though.

APSMS

Quote from: Kuewr665 on May 19, 2013, 11:52:19 AM

I would suggest, considering the load involved in modeling the networks and the subsequent RUL0 and RUL2 programming involved, that if you really want to see 7.5 meter El-Rail Networks that you begin on them yourself, since many of the files used are within reach, and propose to join the NAM team with your contribution. I highly doubt that such a trite remark should be taken lightly given the work involved in making new networks. I also doubt, given the height exaggeration limitation of the game that a 7.5m El-Rail would look realistic.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Kuewr665

Well, I didn't intend any rudeness at all in that response. I thought the implication to make L1 elevated rail was present in the original post.

ei8htx

I see this hasn't been updated in a while, and I don't see it covered elsewhere.

Has this gone anywhere?

z

It's in the process of being built.

memo

It's just slowly progressing - mostly because I've been occupied with other things. I definitely have intentions to bring a usable initial set to completion, but what is left to do is rather boring stuff. The current build is already largely functional, but still needs some tweaking.

I attach importance to the need for new stations for these networks. It would mean a lot to me if somebody accepted the challange of modelling a station. I would gladly offer any sort of technical assistance and, ultimately, it would make me complete this project sooner rather than later. Modelling a station is something I cannot accomplish myself due to lack of experience. I am afraid, without a station the usefulness of the El-Rail-over-Avenue pieces will be rather limited.