• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

@glenni For the dirt roads I was thinking some shotty broken fences with trees and stop sign at intersections.

As for textures, I am limited in my abilities and wont touch the road surfaces.  I will accept any help with new textures by adding them from anyone willing to help.  The only thing I require is that only the road surface be created because I will do the sidewalk and grass parts to keep in uniform with the rest of the project.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Glenni

Hm, broken fences is a pretty good idea, anyway...

I got two fancy lamp posts now, one copper, and one iron.
Which do you prefer? :P

I'll make more later on today, right now i'm just going to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R (that game that's in chernobyl)

jplumbley

Both look good, maybe I can use both on different texture sets.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Glenni

Hm, i think i got an idea, you could use the black for the herringbone, and the copper for the cobble, or vice versa. :D

Diggis

Quote from: Glenni on July 12, 2007, 07:09:11 AM
Hm, i think i got an idea, you could use the black for the herringbone, and the copper for the cobble, or vice versa. :D

Then you will know what type of paving you have, by the lamposts.  :P

iamgoingtoeatyou

wow, i love those cobblestone textures there! they look great :) awesome work with this project!

Glenni

here's an update, don't mind the street names, they're not visible in sc4. :D

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Glenni

Anyway, what more did you want done, again?

Zaphod

Cookies!! :D

I would go for copper on herringbone and iron on cobblestone actually. that bluish green patina from copper is close to being a complementary color for reddish/orange, so they might match better. Also, its just colorful. Iron and Cobblestone could go together for someone wanting a more subdued look

Of course once rendered these lights could be so pixely and shadowed relative to the street texture that it dont matter what color either is

War Kittens !?

Glenni

Hm, actually swamper got an idea for this, when i talked to him on msn, wealth dependant, instead, copper for high wealth, iron for medium, and iron, but more stripped down, and less detailed for low wealth.

Diggis

I love the street corner signs.  Anyway of getting them as a replacement for the normal ones?

jplumbley

Quote from: Glenni on July 12, 2007, 06:41:45 PM
Hm, actually swamper got an idea for this, when i talked to him on msn, wealth dependant, instead, copper for high wealth, iron for medium, and iron, but more stripped down, and less detailed for low wealth.

I would have to agree with Swamper77 on this one.  I like the idea of wealth dependant lights.  I havent put alot of thought into the different configurations and what will be needed, but I will definately want to organize it to be wealth dependant.

There will be essentially 4 different street texture variations.

1.  Brick Streets, Cobblestone, etc.
2.  Dirt Roads, Gravel Roads, etc.
3.  BSC Park Paths
4.  My secret mod that I wont tell right now.  It will be interesting to work on the T21s for this one!

A small list of things needed for each type:
1. Brick/Cobblestone streets: (3 or 4 sets)
     Street lights    (like glenni's) Id like to try and go with a different light for each texture set.
     Street signs    (like glenni's) Same thing, I would like to have a different set for each texture set.
     Trees   (like Jeronij's Street Mod) There are some existing prop families I will be using for this one.
     Stop signs   These are for intersections.  These can be used from the original pieces.

2.  Dirt Roads:
     Broken Fences   I would like a variety of these broken fences so each tile doesnt look the same.
     Telephone Pole with a light  I think a wooden telephone pole with a pertruding lamp over the road every so often will look good.
     Stop signs at intersections
     Trees   There should be less trees for this group than the Brick/Cobblestone group.  Maybe some shrubs would due as well, brownish in color.

3.   BSC Park Paths:
     Original Lot layouts will be used maybe some new configurations for variety, but thats about it.  These will be pathed for Pedestrian traffic, and experiments will be done to get some of the original park stats onto the network.  Whether the properties will work out well, we shall see.  This set will have a basic set of pieces, Straight, 90 turn, 4way, T-intersection, etc.

4.   Sercret Mod:
     Lets just say, I will be using some prop families from Newman Inc with cars in them.  You can guess but I wont tell.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Glenni

i can do the fences now, as for the park trails, i got an idea, and i would like you to hear it, basically, for the start of the park trail there should be a sign which shows some symbols about it's  for bikes and pedestrians and , and a sign which shows that's it forbidden for  motorized vehicles to enter.
I'll bat a sign right now, and tell you what i meant, are the park trails also supposed to be wealth dependant btw?

jplumbley

@glenni  About the park trails, I will have to talk to Swamper77 about the possibility of starting with a "no cars allowed" sign at the start of the path.  It may be possible. Maybe this can be made as the puzzle piece.

Yes, I will make the parks wealth dependant, but I am thinking only the sidewalk will be the "changing" part.  I am hoping to keep the grass texture the same so it will blend with all the parks around it.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Glenni

Aha, i see, well here's the sign, i won't delete it , in case you'll actually need it later on.

Great mod by the way, i'm really looking forward for this! ;D

EDIT:

Here's some new STOP signs, i'f you'd like, the low wealth and middle wealth prop, could probably stay the same. ;)

Glenni

Sorry for the bump, but how's this?

jplumbley

That looks good glenni... Is it possible for you to make wires that can connect to the top so the Prop can be placed at the edge of each piece?

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Glenni

Oh, so you want wires? Sure , i could to that

EDIT:

Here it is, now i made overhanging wires, and i assembled them together for a pic, to see how they repeat.

iamgoingtoeatyou

wow glenni, they look excellent!!! great work :)