• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Viceroyalty of Perseus

Started by belfastsocrates, May 17, 2014, 06:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsocrates

Passau Island is the largest land reclamation project ever undertaken in Perseus and at 10km2 it's also one of the largest artificial islands in the world.

The location was selected due to the shallow waters and presence of an existing sandbank atop bedrock and it's proximity to Passau and the existing business district of Caledon Quay. Construction started in 2004 and was financed by primarily by the Persusian Government and Perseus Sovereign Wealth Fund. Significant investment was also leveraged from the private sector and sale of development plots.

Perseus is a seismically active region and this was factored into the design and construction of Passau Island. The existing sandbank was build up before being reinforced by means of densification, piling into the bedrock and the installation of innovative earthquake drains to combat liquefaction. The island also has a sophisticated surface drainage network to ensure surface water during wet weather is managed efficiently and effectively.

Passau Island was officially dedicated on 16th August 2014 by His Imperial Highness Prince Julius where he presided over an official ground-breaking ceremony and the dedication of a cornerstone for the Imperator Tower which is the tallest building on Passau Island.

Passau Island has also been designed with rising sea levels and an increasing number of tidal surges in mind. The entire island is ringed by a park which has been planted with trees and plants which can survive flooding events and contamination of the soil by sea water using an innovative freshwater flushing system to remove excess salt. The park also acts as sacrificial land in times of storm surge flooding and when combined with the barriers at full height affords protection of over 25 metres.

The barriers operate in conjunction with a series of sea buoys and a ring of various hydrological sensors that tell the system when to raise and lower the barriers. The barriers can operate at various heights up to a current maximum of 10 meters. When they aren't in operation the barriers are hidden within the quay embankment and don't restrict access in any form.

Passau Island is a landmark project delivering 25,000 new apartments with residential amenities, 50 million square feet of new office, retail and leisure space, landmark cultural attractions, new cruise terminal, marina facilities, expansion of Passau Metro and significant additional infrastructure investment.

To be continued...
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

PaPa-J

Very interesting, I like the sea barrier and sea walls.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

evarburg

A MD that takes climactic changes and seismic risks into into account ! Wonderfully innovative. I like the way Passau Island was conceived, the way it was built and what you show of the construction ! (also, that the high rise development is not packed full but visually breathing.)  &apls

belfastsocrates

First set of images showcasing Passau Island! Enjoy  :satisfied:

8. Passau Opera House

9. Passau Cruise Terminal

36. Passau Opera House

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Tyberius06

Oh, man awesome images. What have you done with that train station on the 11th image  ???  &apls &apls &apls &apls That building could be awesome office stuff and you hijacked it in a very nice way!
By-the-way the previous incarnations of this showcase inspirated me to make my plaza set, what was released 1,5 years ago, but some of your custom lots on these images would worth a release for sure. Those plaza walks with the custom textures are awesome! I hope one day you'll decide to share them with the public in some way!
Thank you for this nice showcase!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

vortext

Great work, ended up with a stunnig metropolian area!  &apls

The concept of the sea barriers is just great, and the execution is perfect too! Must taken quite some work for just a few pictures but well worth it.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

kbieniu7

Hey, nice to see that you still post there!

The overview of that forest of skyscrapers is stunning. However, I think that it must by quite shadow-y among them :D I always like such detailed plazas around modern development, looks great!  :thumbsup:

I also like the brick retaining walls from the picture no 11 in the last update. Could I ask, where is it possible to find them? :)

Nicely described the story behind the island. The idea of flood wall around all of it is interesting. However, it must have been tremendously expensive. As well, as quite prone to single-device failure  &Thk/(
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

belfastsocrates

Many thanks for all the likes and comments for the previous update  ::)

Second set of images showcasing Passau Island!  :satisfied:

5. Watterson Visual Arts Centre

6. Passau Cruise Terminal Operations Tower

evarburg

The variety of buildings makes my head spin ! The close-ups are a welcome respite from the sheer size of that megapolis --also, the parks. And the first picture had me going "oooooh"  :thumbsup:

Tyberius06

Beautiful city tile, wonderful set-ups and custom lots. Probably will return with a handful of request, which lot or building can be found where. Thanks for sharing these images!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

vinlabsc3k

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

belfastsocrates

The final instalment of this tour around Passau Island. It's been a delight to showcase this project and one I didn't think I'd be able to thanks to errors and CTDs that plagued my gaming experience for over a year.

A massive thanks to be very talented creators that made this modern development possible. Without the fantastic buildings from the likes of mattb325, Diego Del Llano, Reddonquixote, kellydale2003, JP Schriefer, Girafe, kingofsimcity, on001222, Huston, Xyloxadoria, SimFox, AndisArt and Cockatoo this project couldn't have been realised in the way I hoped it could

22. Atlantean Economic and Diplomatic Mission to Earth Headquarters (AEDM)

Thanks for looking  :thumbsup:

The next updates will come from the Illford West area of Passau that you've seen in previous updates. Unfortunately this game file has serious problems and errors so I've had to move on from it as any new saves result in corruption. I have been able to do a little work and take some images but they are not up to my standard but I want to show them regardless as a lot of work went into this city tile.

PaPa-J

That is a beautiful cruise ship and port in picture No. 8.  May I ask who's they are?
smile more, laugh more,
about things.

belfastsocrates

Quote from: PaPa-J on August 17, 2019, 09:22:46 AM
That is a beautiful cruise ship and port in picture No. 8.  May I ask who's they are?

Those are by Somy;

Cruise terminal set (3 downloads) - http://somy.gozaru.jp/p9.htm

PaPa-J

@belfastsocrates:  Thanks for the info.  The link is not coming up at the moment.  Maybe their site is having problems this morning.  I'll check back later.

Thanks again.
smile more, laugh more,
about things.

belfastsocrates

Working for me OK. I've attached the zip file to this post.

belfastsocrates

I'd been meaning to showcase this area a long time ago but this game file has serious problems and errors so I've had to move on from it as any new saves result in corruption. I have been able to do a little work thanks to recent game stability and take some images but they are not up to my standard but I want to show them regardless as a lot of work went into this city tile.

There will be two final updates from the West Illford area of Passau and this update will focus on the University of Passau's sports campus. The campus is a world-class centre encompassing a range of facilities such as a velodrome, aquatics centre, strength and conditioning suites, outdoor training pitches, gymnastics, acclimatisation chambers and research labs. Most facilities are also open to the public and are used by the Passau Olympic and Paralympic Teams for training.

3. Tennis courts, 3G multi-purpose pitches and velodrome. 

6. Rugby training

7. Rugby training pitches and clubhouse

8. Athletics training

9. Velodrome

10. 3G training pitches

11. Clubhouse

12. Gymnastics centre

13. Sports research centre

20. Fitness centre and aquatics

21. Site overview

22. Site overview

23. Velodrome

24. Site overview

kbieniu7

Nice sport zone. I imagine that the problems with saves must have been really annoying, but the result is really good  :thumbsup: I keep my fingers crossed for you to come over the technical troubles!

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

kelis

Your city always looks very clean and well organized, this time too. I like sports areas, parks and squares  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

I haven't seen that dmscopio building with the large blue roof used in a long time. Nice. That looks really good, excellent lotting.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog