• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

romualdillo's little BATs & Problems

Started by romualdillo, May 21, 2014, 09:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Just beautiful! I love all of the little details  :)

Simcoug

lovely modeling!  It strikes me as a very regal looking building - very classical too.  Can't wait to see some in-game shots  :thumbsup:

romualdillo

Schriefer: Thank you!!! Yes I'm working on them. The next update will be a house.  ;)

c.p.: Thank you!!!

Dantes: Thank you!!! Well, neither of them... It's supposed to be Simlish. I prefer using it instead of any recognizable alphabet...   :P

mattb325: Thank you!!!

Simcoug: Thank you!!! Here you are...  :D

I hope you like it!!!

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

Great police station! I'm curious to see how an entire city looks like in your architecture. Just as with the Paris pack or Machiya it will be an urban feel with a unique atmosphere.  ;D

manga rivotra

Again a great building ! I love the transparency of the glass roof and the fact that the inside is visible  :thumbsup:

Simcoug

SuperMessi

They look good Romualdillo. I have a doubt: do you try to resemble a mexican architectural style with them? I ask you this because I think they will also look nice on european cities...

Kergelen

Great quality work you have done!
I really like the w2w 2 floor buldings. I'll use for sure in my cities. Like the textures and ammount of details. &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Tyberius06

Very nice building! I love it!  :popcorn: &apls &apls

(Which kind of street is, what you're using on these pictures?)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

noahclem

Wow, this is my first time seeing your recent work and I think I like it even more than your older stuff  :o  These will transform the whole feel of my African region!

seraf

Oh this is very nice  :thumbsup: And let me tell you, this skylight looks very godd  &apls

reddonquixote

Wow, you've been busy, another great little gem  :thumbsup: Amazing detailing, I didn't realise you use sketch-up.

Regarding the roof detailing on the NZ police station, yeah I see it differently from those photographs. From the BAT scale and angle all those elements seemed to join up and looked a bit like a pagoda.  $%Grinno$%
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

c.p.

matias93

Quote from: Dantes on November 12, 2015, 03:54:18 AM
Great police station! I'm curious to see how an entire city looks like in your architecture. Just as with the Paris pack or Machiya it will be an urban feel with a unique atmosphere.  ;D

Definitely, old photos of latin american cities would give you a overall impression:

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

romualdillo

art128: Thank you!!

Dantes. Thank you!! I think it's still too early to speak about an entire city... Let's go step by step, and we'll see what comes out finally...

manga rivotra: Thank you!!

Simcoug: Thank you!!

SuperMessi: Thank you!! Yes, and no... In fact, I try to create buildings in Spanish style that match any other Spanish-American country, as I noticed there was a lack of them in the community. I started modelling as a personal challenge, and because I wanted to use them in my region (which I've totally put aside :P).

Kergelen: Thank you!! I'll be glad to see them in your MDs.

Tyberius06: Thank you!! The street is a beta version of a great road mod vortext is developing, and hopefully he will release it when it's complete. He was very kind to lend it to me, because it matches the buildings perfectly.

noahclem: Thank you!! Well they were not intended for African regions, but I think you're right, and they could even fit in African colonial cities. I'm glad they can be used for other purpose.  ;D I'd like to see an update of your new region soon!

seraf: Thank you!!

reddonquixote: Thank you!! Yes, I use sketch-up, because it's much more intuitive and the buildings are much easier to texture. And yes, I recognize it looks a bit like a pagoda, perhaps I missed the proportions...  $%Grinno$%

c.p.: Thank you!!

matias93: The first picture of Valparaíso looks totally like a city in northern Spain. Santiago looks as a mix of Spain and Central Europe, and the other two (Buenos Aires and Tucuman?), could be anywhere in Southern Spain.

Now, as promised, a house. It's the corner version of the "Casa Neorrománica" (Neo-Romanesque House):

The corner was a challenge, but I'm quite satisfied with the result. I hope you like it!!

reddonquixote

Sorry, no I don't like it.. I LOVE it  ;D Is this based on based on a real building? I think its stunning  &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Simcoug

Amazing details as always, and the glass enclosed balcony is beautiful!   &apls
After looking at some of the neat photos that matias93 posted, a set of overhanging sign props would do wonders to liven up building facades.   ;) 

Unconstantean