• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Custom map problems

Started by DanDB64, October 06, 2014, 07:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanDB64

These weird grid lines keep showing up on every map I download and import into the game. This is the Eaton map. I had it before, and this wasn't a problem. I had the game render the map the first time, and it worked perfectly. This time I used SC4Mapper, and these lines showed up. I deleted everything, tried again using the game to render, grid lines still there. I removed the terrain texture mod, same thing on stock Maxis green. Reinstalled the terrain mod, still grid lines. Someone please help!

art128

That's because it's the simcity 4 grid. Helps you lay road, zones, plop buildings ect. You can hide it by typing G on your keyboard. Retyping G will show the grid again.

-

Also please, don't upload png pictures. They're extremely heavy and can take quite a lot of time to load for some people. Convert the picture to jpg (open in paint, save as .jpg or .jpeg). Also it's better to resize the picture as some people are still using some small resolution screens.

[img width=1024] [ /img] is very useful to resize the picture. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

DanDB64

Quote from: art128 on October 06, 2014, 07:51:20 AM
That's because it's the simcity 4 grid. Helps you lay road, zones, plop buildings ect. You can hide it by typing G on your keyboard. Retyping G will show the grid again.

-

Also please, don't upload png pictures. They're extremely heavy and can take quite a lot of time to load for some people. Convert the picture to jpg (open in paint, save as .jpg or .jpeg). Also it's better to resize the picture as some people are still using some small resolution screens.

My bad! Not doing well for a first post. Haha I facepalmed sooo hard when I read your response. I guess maybe I should learn my keyboard shortcuts. Thanks a lot for the help!

cmdp123789

That happens a lot buddy!!! Welcome to SC4devotion  &apls

compdude787

Quote from: DanDB64 on October 06, 2014, 11:33:27 AM
My bad! Not doing well for a first post. Haha I facepalmed sooo hard when I read your response. I guess maybe I should learn my keyboard shortcuts. Thanks a lot for the help!

You can find a list of all the keyboard shortcuts here: http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Keyboard_Shortcuts. It would be a good idea to bookmark that page. :)
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

noahclem

Quote from: DanDB64 on October 06, 2014, 11:33:27 AM
Quote from: art128 on October 06, 2014, 07:51:20 AM

-

Heh, if it makes you feel any better my best friend around here likes to call his birthday "facepalm day"  ::)